Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rec for Psychiatrist for Child with Trauma

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 1:51 pm
My young daughter was in a car accident. I'm looking for a psychiatrist for her to help her deal with the trauma. Insurance isn't an issue, I would just need to check if they accept 'no fault'. I am in NY, prefer Five Towns/Far Rockaway area if possible. I have a Dr Wolf and Dr Breuer recommended by her pediatrician but no personal recommendations. Please advise if you've used someone you were very happy with. TIA

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 1:53 pm
Hugs! Psychiatrists don't generally specialize in play therapy. Are you sure you don't prefer a psychologist or a clinical social worker?

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Mon, Mar 24 2014, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 1:57 pm
Not sure what I prefer. Just someone that can help, I guess. In the past few days we are seeing a lot of different changes due to the accident. It is obvious that she is being effected. I don't know how long it'll take me to get over the trauma of it but I can't afford that 'learning curve' with my dd.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:03 pm
On another thread someone recommended a child psychologist named Dr David Mark in the 5T. Hope that helps. You can ask if he deals with trauma. Most therapists don't accept no fault.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 3:38 pm
I agree that a therapist who specializes in children whether w play therapy, sand tray, art therapy etc would be the most beneficial.
Hatzlacha and hugs!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:29 pm
There has to be someone that takes no fault. Its not like regular insurance. They pay quickly and well.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:34 pm
amother wrote:
There has to be someone that takes no fault. Its not like regular insurance. They pay quickly and well.

Why don't you call the company and ask who in your area takes it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics