Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
This week's Hamodia - Rav Avrohom Dovid Heller, zt"l

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:13 am
In this week's magazine section. I was just flipping through, as I do before Shabbos and just turning the pages of this article moved me to tears, and no, I don't know the Hellers personally. My first thought was, I shouldn't read this on Shabbos, but then I realized that while knowing how much we feel with the family may be comforting, the greater nechama will be if we read this article and leave it energized and uplifted and determined to help fill the void of "Torah and caring." That's surely appropriate any time. Gut Shabbos to all.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:20 pm
I can cry if you want ... but you'll have to fill me in with more details ... I feel every person's life & death has left some indelible mark on the world to make us think

pause

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:22 pm
Who was he?

November

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:40 pm
I believe this is referring to Reb Tzipporah Heller's husband, alav hashalom.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:39 pm
November wrote:
I believe this is referring to Reb Tzipporah Heller's husband, alav hashalom.

Yes.
And I hadn't heard of him, though I assumed he would be an able shidduch for Rebbetzin Heller. It just brought me back to those last few days, and then just thinking about all her articles since then, the clarity and upbeatness....I just felt tremendously moved. When we encounter greatness in people we have to take some time to acknowledge it. Maybe I'm hormonal or need a good night's sleep, I just wanted to take those immediate emotions and clarify them which I kind of tried to do in the OP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room