Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Would you let your kids play in this playground?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:35 pm
I would love to. I do think this is very good for kids, and having trained staff there will take care of my mommy paranoia. A great way to get some of the benefits of the way it used to be, while having supervision.

Unfortunately I live nowhere near the Huntington Beach or the original one!

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:02 pm
considering that both of my kids have managed significant injuries in close adult supervision (one on a typical school playground--fractured foot in a few places, through growth plates...and one at home with a major burn--was hospitalized for 2 full weeks) I'm inclined to say, may as well....but definitely NOT the fire!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:16 am
Yup, the fire's what did it for me. I guess if there's a lot of other supervision I might go for it.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 11:22 am
I used to play in a place like this 20+ years ago in Melbourne, Australia. Also called the Adventure Playground. There was a pit trampoline, lots of tires and a flying fox (zipline). Lots of other fun stuff. No fire. Such good memories!!

MyTimeNow

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 1:07 pm
This is amazing!!! I'D go play there!!!

When my DS first came home from the frum scouting camp he went to, the first thing he did in our tiny backyard was make a fire pit..no, I didn't let him light it, but over the years, he went to this camp and was given so much room to create and figure things out. It definitely informed not only his view of himself as a strong, capable person able to use whatever tools (brainpower as well as physical implements) needed to creatively problem-solve, but made him into a dependable, confident person. Kids, especially city kids, just don't have save, or freedom- or even TIME to just be kids anymore.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics