Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What do you do with your child when they are home sick?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 4:45 am
I had 2 kids home for a week and I feel I really didnt 'spend the time' right with them

curious what other Moms do

I work part time

Thanks for your input

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 4:56 am
What would spending the time right be with a sick child?
When my daughter is home sick, I hang out with her a bit, let her watch some, we color some, she sleeps a bit.
I dont think there is any CORRECT way to spend the time with them.

Refuah Sheleima to your children.

Tablepoetry

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 7:55 am
They sleep a lot, if they're little then in my bed with me.
And they watch a lot of TV. And (depending on child) perhaps play on the computer.
Yeah, I know, I"m a terrible parent.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 7:57 am
If they are home sick it's a time to rest, not to pack the day full of activities. I will sit with them, read a story to them if they like, but mostly they are resting in bed or on the couch with a book or a video to watch.

Pineapple

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:33 am
I let them rest

If they are feeling up to it we play a game or two

granolamom

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 1:26 pm
depends on the kid. I have one kid who will just sleep all day long when he's not feeling well. so I make sure he's drinking and if necessary taking any meds. other than that I leave him be. I have another kid who will whine and follow me around all day complaining and moaning when she's sick. when she was little I'd spend the day distracting her, reading, puzzles, trying to get her to nap a bit with me. now she's older (teenager) so when she's sick I make nice for a bit and then go out. its best for everyone that way. I hope that makes you feel a bit better Smile

my other kids are somewhere between those two, I give them some attention here and there, mostly they lay low. sick days should be quiet days, imo.

manhattanmom

Post Sat, Mar 29 2014, 10:42 pm
totally depends on the particular child and what the child is sick with, and what else needs to be happening at home--if the child has to nap and is really feeling sick, I would cuddle. When one of my boys was home for several weeks post-hospitalization and was therefore not only feeling weak but was needy and demanding, I spent A LOT of time cuddling and tending to all of his needs.
When my son was home for a while with a broken leg, he needed me to get him physical things, and yes, I did sit with him a little bit but he was feeling fine and spent a lot of time reading or making rainbow loom bracelets on the couch while I was able to cook and clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics