Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Great neck jewish communities and housing

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 7:07 am
I live in Kew Garden Hills in a good jewish neighborhood. However, we live in a 1 bedroom apartment and we want to move to a bigger place one day. It's not easy finding a bigger place over here. I was looking at long island. I know they have nice houses over there but I'm not sure what neighborhood to look for. I'm looking for a similar jewish neighborhood like in KGH. I like a variety (ashkenazy and sepharadic shuls). So I was looking at great neck and found that they have some sepharadic shuls over there (my husband is sepharadic). I just don't know anyone from Great Neck. So is it a nice neighborhood? do they have some kosher food/restaurants in the area? how's the rent? any good jewish preschools?

miriaml

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:12 am
Hii,
I actually happen to be from Great Neck! There is a huge variety of sefardim and Ashkenazim there. I happen to be sefardy, but I know the Ashkenazim quite well. There are many Shuls, and kosher restaurants. Not sure what your kashrut level is but there are many cholov yisrael, kemach yoshon places aswell. If you make the right friends the people are very nice as well. Ill tell you the truth, real estate in great neck happens to be very high right now. however if you look for apartments that may be a little more run down (depending on what you consider run down) you could find something you like. as for preschools, there is a chabad preschool, and 2 modern orthodox schools (I'm sure there are more I just don't know so much about the preschools). let me know if you have anymore questions.
p.s sorry for any grammatical errors, too long for me to proof read Smile

sara_rivka

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:36 pm
My dh and I are also thinking about Great Neck. We are MO -- it seems from my google research that there are 2 MO shuls, the Great Neck Synagogue and the Young Israel. Is that right? Can you describe what these 2 shuls are like (and any others I may have missed)?

sara_rivka

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:31 pm
bump

JewishMommyNYC

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 2:32 pm
I can help you! I'm a real estate agent with 13 years experience. I live in Little Neck which is the town next to great neck.

J.evans143@gmail.com

Email me if you are interested in moving. There are great listings right now.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 2:37 pm
JewishMommyNYC wrote:
I can help you! I'm a real estate agent with 13 years experience. I live in Little Neck which is the town next to great neck.

J.evans143@gmail.com

Email me if you are interested in moving. There are great listings right now.

I am not amother, but could you tell us what the rates for rent are right now for two-bedroom? What about the so-called run down two-bedrooms?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics