Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig always knots in the back

bookworm10

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 5:59 pm
Why is it that no matter which wig I buy or wear, it almost always ends up knotting in the back and causing a "split"?

Am I doing something wrong? I give them in to wash and set, they come back beautiful, and in a few wears almost all knot. I have various lengths and about 4 different companies...

Any tips? Advice? Something I should avoid doing or wearing at a certain time?
Thanks.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:02 pm
it happens with hair too ... but since we tend to brush our hair more often it usually goes unnoticed ... how about combing through the underneath every day

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:44 am
Does it happen more when you are wearing a coat/jacket etc.? I find that knots up the back of my sheitel.

flmommy

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 8:08 am
I notice the problem much worse when ANY of my hair pokes out of the bottom of my wig cap. It's like my hair and the wig don't get along. When I am super careful to get it all tucked high inside the cap there is WAAAY less knots.

petula

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:28 pm
Knotting can be fixed sometimes by removing the few rows of hair at the bottom of the sheital and replacing them with a courser hair that can handle more movement. It really works.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:33 pm
I know this is old..

im reading this and im thinking "it knots after a FEW wears?"

im still getting used to wigs, but ALL of them knot EVERY single time I wear them.. freshly washed or not..

Ilana Tamar

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:40 pm
When I was a newlywed, I was taught by my then shaitle lady to brush through that part of the wig after each wearing, even when it was freshly washed and still clean and sleek.

She even recomended that I get a leave in spray conditioner to spray there and then brush through when it would start to know and get frizzy.

Married 20 years now and although I no longer use the spray conditioner regularly, I do brush through that part religiously after each wearing.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:55 pm
I brush it religiously every night, (partly because its knotted, and if I dont brush it today, the knots will be bigger tomorrow, and also because I was told to brush it every night) but you wouldnt know

spray in conditioner (recommended to me by shaitel person) does not help.

dina22

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 3:04 pm
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
I brush it religiously every night, (partly because its knotted, and if I dont brush it today, the knots will be bigger tomorrow, and also because I was told to brush it every night) but you wouldnt know

spray in conditioner (recommended to me by shaitel person) does not help.

It could be the hair is burnt from whoever set it- that's what happened to my wig and I did a treatment (not a deep conditioning, a real treatment) and that helped a lot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels