Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need orthopedic dr

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:27 pm
My son got a cast this week in joint disease I care... I need to follow up with a dr. The dr I want to go in joint disease doesn't have any appointments. Can anyone recommend some one in tri state area. I know or dr Tepler but don't wanna to till him. Ty

pesek zman

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:47 pm
Columbia: Roye, Vitale, Hyman

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:04 pm
If ur looking for someone in Brooklyn, the Maimonides bone and joint center is very good. Specifically Dr Mara karamitopolous.

Pinky

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:02 pm
I have used Dr. Simon (beth isreal) and Dr. Otsuka (joint d)
both are great but long wait.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:05 pm
In Joint Disease, there's Dr. Feldman, who's excellent but doesn't take insurance. Dr. Lehman is okay, but also no insurance. Dr. Chu and Dr. Chung are also okay and I think they take insurance. I do not recommend Dr. Frances.

I once used a Dr. Ulan somewhere who was good. And Dr. Hyman is excellent. So is Dr. David Scher.

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:52 am
I have had very good experience with Dr John Paul Deimario at the Cohen clinic in LIJ.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:44 am
Pinky wrote:
I have used Dr. Simon (beth isreal) and Dr. Otsuka (joint d)
both are great but long wait.

Op here: I used Otsuka not to long ago with diff son... Wanted to go there but secretary said no appointments available.

Ashrei

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:46 am
We use Roye (Benjamin) at Columbia

tweety1

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:51 am
Dr karamitopolous. Shes phenomenal. Google her #. She has a great child friendly personality too

Pinky

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:34 am
amother wrote:
Op here: I used Otsuka not to long ago with diff son... Wanted to go there but secretary said no appointments available.

my pediatrician told me any dr @ joint disease is good...

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 5:25 pm
Op here: Ty all for replies.. Dr Simon doesn't accept my insurance. Hopefully will go to Otsuka tomorrow with "protektzia"

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 5:41 pm
We had a great experience with Dr. Otsuka, still seeing him--after a major injury--son fractured through 2 growth plates. I didn't realize you needed major help to get an appointment there...
I know quite a few people who just called and got appointments--but not for injuries--to see him as the director of the neuromuscular clinic (cerebral palsy, and major hip replacements surgeries.)

We went to our pediatrician first--even though we knew our son needed x-rays, and our pediatrician called Dr. Otsuka's office for us.
But seriously, only good things to say.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 6:00 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
We had a great experience with Dr. Otsuka, still seeing him--after a major injury--son fractured through 2 growth plates. I didn't realize you needed major help to get an appointment there...
I know quite a few people who just called and got appointments--but not for injuries--to see him as the director of the neuromuscular clinic (cerebral palsy, and major hip replacements surgeries.)

We went to our pediatrician first--even though we knew our son needed x-rays, and our pediatrician called Dr. Otsuka's office for us.
But seriously, only good things to say.
op . U got in cuz ur dr. Called for u.. I'm trying all week and they keep saying no appointments cuz supposedly he only comes in Monday. I wanted to go to him because he operated not to long ago on diff child of mine and was BH very happy. I hope ur son feels better fast

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
op . U got in cuz ur dr. Called for u.. I'm trying all week and they keep saying no appointments cuz supposedly he only comes in Monday. I wanted to go to him because he operated not to long ago on diff child of mine and was BH very happy. I hope ur son feels better fast

He's in the office Monday and Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons.

imamother1

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 8:46 am
I didnt c anything good with Dr Karamatopolis. She diagnosed my daughters limping to b a muscle issue and she'll outgrown it. Ended up going for a second opinion and she has a hip dislocation and needs major surgery. And dont ask why Dr Diamond couldnt find the problem at regulate well visits when they do the foot excersizes!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics