Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best Free Checking Account?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 11:30 am
Dh and I have separate bank accounts, no idealogical reasons, just has always been this way and is working for us.
So I just got off the phone with my existing bank, Bank of America, because I logged into my account and noticed that yesterday they charged me $12 as a "monthly maintenance fee" - yesterday was the first time they charged me such a thing. I have a MyAccess account and I guess I no longer quality to keep it fee-free since I don't have any direct deposit coming right now in and I don't have the minimum of $1500 to keep in it.

So now I am shopping around for a new bank and checking account. I don't want any monthly fees, I need one with a good app or way of making online remote check deposits, and interest or some kind of rewards or cash back is always good too.

I am pretty clueless about these things. I will keep on googling but I thought I'd ask the smart finance savvy ladies here in case someone recently had experience with this and can offer some guidence.

I'm not looking for a credit card, just debit card and online checking account with as many perks as possible and no fees.

Tia

kb

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 11:34 am
Where are you located?

I think TD Bank has free checking.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 11:42 am
I'm in S. Florida but I need one that can be all online, so I don't think it matters if there's locations by me. Are you sure TD Banknorth is all free? Do they have any other perks? I remember a long time ago they were giving away iPods. :-)

acemom

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:06 pm
No advice here, but wanted to point out that with most free checking accounts, it takes 3 days to clear checks deposited. That was my experience with several banks.

mazeltov

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:33 pm
I recently got a free checking account which has no monthly fees, no minimums, no foreign transaction fees, it has a mobile app for scanning in checks for depositing, or you can deposit by scanning into your computer and uploading online, you never need to go to the bank, it's a completely mobile/online account. plus it gives you a bit of interest. and if you join through my link, we can both get a bonus, since I referred you. It's a free online checking account with a debit card and no fees. larger checks take longer to clear and smaller checks are available more quickly.

here's the link to get this free account with the bonus- or to find out more details:

https://r.capitalone360.com/hbLnG5fkVL

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 5:04 pm
Apple bank has free checking accounts with no minmum.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics