Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Short survey for parents of children with autism/ASD

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 7:48 pm
Hi ladies, I'm posting this on behalf on two of my classmates, who are conducting a research study as part of our requirements for graduation from Queens College. Please take a minute to read the following and fill out the survey if it applies to you. (I'm posting as amother because people might figure out who I am from this post, but if you have any questions feel free to ask here or email me at helpinghand987@gmail.com.)

-------------------
Parents of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, you are invited to participate in a research study. This study is being conducted under the direction of Amy Villane and Amanda Rinehart, School Psychology Graduate Students, CUNY Queens College.
The purpose of this research study is to better understand how parents of children with ASD are affected by this life-changing diagnosis. The results of this study may increase the understanding of the effects an ASD diagnosis has on families, and may improve the supports and treatments offered to children and parents.
You will be asked to participate in a brief survey (approximately 10-20 minutes) that includes a series of questionnaires. No identifiable information will be asked of you, and therefore your participation will be completely anonymous. Your participation in this research is voluntary, and you can stop at any time. Your responses will not be saved or used for any other purposes beyond this study.
Your contribution is needed and valuable!! To participate in this study, please follow the link below, or visit: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QDKBPBP. You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this study.
Thank you in advance for your participation!!

Family Effect of Autism Spectrum Disorder

Amanda Rinehart & Amy Villane

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:08 pm
Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /s/QDKBPBP.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:08 pm
Oh, the pesky period at the end of the url.... I took it off.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:10 pm
Oops, sorry about that! The period at the end of the sentence accidentally got included in the hyperlink. I can't edit the post, but if you copy/paste the link without the period at the end, it should work.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:14 pm
I copied and pasted without the period.

About a thousand ways to ask the same few questions- did I feel my child's diagnosis was my fault, did I do anything to help, did I speak to people, or did I keep my feelings in until I exploded. I'm not sure why they had to ask each question in 0 different ways.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:21 pm
OP here:

I'm not sure why they asked the questions they did - I'm assuming they had a reason to ask all of them, maybe for validity purposes? But in any case, thanks for helping them out; I'm sure they appreciate it!

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:28 pm
I found the questions not worded as well as I would have liked, and the options too limited, but I did my best.

There is a happy medium between "I let my feelings out all over the place", and "I kept it all inside me."

And I know of plenty of parents of ASD kids, but not one who either blamed themselves, or thought for real that if they buried their heads in the sand, it would all go away.

naomi2

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 8:49 pm
imasinger wrote:
I found the questions not worded as well as I would have liked, and the options too limited, but I did my best.

There is a happy medium between "I let my feelings out all over the place", and "I kept it all inside me."

And I know of plenty of parents of ASD kids, but not one who either blamed themselves, or thought for real that if they buried their heads in the sand, it would all go away.

well, you know one now....

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 9:18 pm
naomi2 wrote:
well, you know one now....

My post made you feel bad, please forgive me! That was thoughtless of me; my brains must be addled with cleaning fumes.

Have you found other lines of thought now?

Is there anything I can do to help?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics