Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Reviews on great long wigs. Preferably <2K

Chanie

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 9:19 am
Looking for advice and opinions. In the market for a new sheitel. Looking for a company that has a reputation for making wigs that look great even 3 years later. I wear my wig daily. Want a natural look, not a lot of hair. Think I want a natural wave, but possibly go for something sleek. Need easy care, often wash myself and don't want frizzy hair. I wear my sheitels longer about 20". Looking for companies under 2k, but will hear reviews of more expensive brands, maybe u'll convince me of their worth....
TIA!

MamaBear

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 9:50 am
If I could find a wig that looked great with daily wear for thee years I'd be doing such a happy dance....maybe I just don't have mazal Sad

studying_torah

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 11:53 am
I have a Miri which is quite long (not 20" but well past the shoulders ) for about a year. I wear it for shabbos and yom tov, but it holds up very well, doesn't frizz and I get a lot of complements. Oh and the cap is not heavy or stiff.
I had to pack it in a box to wear to an overseas simcha. It rained the entire time we were there and bh it still looked nice.

suzyq

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 2:27 pm
I have a Freeda that I've had for about 2 years now and it still looks great, and I wear it almost daily. I do the wash and set on it myself. I've been really, really happy with it. It cost a little over $2k but not much.

Henya

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 2:30 pm
Yonit

asmileaday

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 2:55 pm
It seems like you would be happy with a bella donna from Galit Italia. Especially if you will be washing it yourself. They never frizz are very soft and silky. Construction of the net/wefts very sturdy. I have one for 6 years and it's still wearable! (Doesn't look like it did when it was new but all wefts are in place nothing is torn or popping out the wrong way etc....) And they are very reasonably priced.
If you want something more like kiki/miri for cheap I recommend the European Irene but I think their longest length is 13" which is very generous so maybe long enough for you? But they're usually low on stock u gotta get lucky!

sprayonlove

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 3:25 pm
I have a bella dona wig from Gallit Italia. It's 26" and I love it. I get compliments on it all the time. I can't tell you what it would be like after 3 years because I've only had it for 8 months. But I do wear it every day. I wash it myself and let it air dry overnight and it doesn't get frizzy at all. Just like the previous poster said, I've never had a problem with the hair frizzing it looks just as beautiful as when I first got it. The hair is really soft and shiny. I'm really happy with it so far so I'm confident it will hold up for quite a few years.

aka

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 3:38 pm
I have 2 blush wigs I'm very happy with them

shayna100

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 6:04 pm
from all my wig experiences(unfortunately I've had too many), Rikki is the best of all.Real gourgous unprocessed wigs

michal3

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 6:08 pm
I've heard of the Rikkis. Are they really as great as everyone sais? How much are they?

LittleRed

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 8:01 pm
I have 2 Miris and after 3 years they still look great. I think they're 16", don't frizz up and are very comfortable. I think they were each a little over 2,000 but worth it, to me.

freidasima

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 8:24 pm
Royal custom. A long one today here is around $800. Lasts at least two years full time great looking and at that price get another after two years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels