Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Best way to store Sheitel not worn often?

SV

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:26 am
I work from home and usually wear my Sheitel on average once a week (shabbos or if I need to "dress up" a bit). The rest of the time it sits on a Sheitel head on my dresser. I was wondering if there is a better way to store it. Like should it be in the closet away from sunlight? Or covered with plastic bag etc?

Thanks!

sunflower919

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:38 am
Don't leave it in your sheitel box. The setting collapses. I found out after I left it in there for a couple of weeks and asked my sheitel macher why the setting didn't hold.

SV

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:40 am
I don't keep it in a box - just on a head on my dresser.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:43 am
What if the box is open?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:09 am
I was told to put a lightweight scarf on top to prevent it from getting oxidized and dusty...

SV

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:35 am
Would a plastic bag also work?

Sherri

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:42 am
Why does a setting fall in a box?

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:44 am
SV wrote:
Would a plastic bag also work?

Wouldn't that make it full of static.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:59 am
Put it somewhere clean and safe, on the head with a light scarf on top.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 11:01 am
This statement does not really apply to this topic, but I'd like to state that I am bothered the look of a shaitel on the head just sitting around somewhere. It ruins the look of my perfectly beautiful, organized closet. I guess it is there to remind me that nothing is perfect!!!!!! (And that's ok) I just wish that there are a clean, orderly solution!!!!!!!

Sherri

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 11:53 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
This statement does not really apply to this topic, but I'd like to state that I am bothered the look of a shaitel on the head just sitting around somewhere. It ruins the look of my perfectly beautiful, organized closet. I guess it is there to remind me that nothing is perfect!!!!!! (And that's ok) I just wish that there are a clean, orderly solution!!!!!!!
You sound like me. Smile You can designate a shelf for your wigs and boxes and other paraphernalia.

SV

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 12:24 pm
I wish my closet was clean and organized enough that a Sheitel on a head would ruin the look. Sigh...

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 1:02 pm
SV wrote:
I wish my closet was clean and organized enough that a Sheitel on a head would ruin the look. Sigh...

I was thinking the same Smile

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 1:05 pm
I have one of those sheitel traveling boxes ... the styrofoam head sits on a stick inside it & it gets zipped up ...

this way it doesn't scare you in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom ... also prevents peeing on the floor ~ BOO !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels