Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Eating out Gluten Free in Lakewood

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:34 am
Is there anywhere in Lakewood to eat out that offers gluten free? I know Pizza Plus will make pizza for you if you bring in a wrapped, purchased pie, but they asked us not to do it at busy times, so obviously not before pesach. The Taco place has gluten free salad and soups, but I can't give dd soup and salad while we all eat a delicious meal.
I would love to not have to prepare supper one night next week. It's always so hard to make supper the day I'm kashering the kitchen for Pesach. I do have one supper in the freezer, but I would love to eat out one night.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:29 pm
What about a bbq either on your porch or at a park?

studying_torah

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:33 pm
Can you get your child a platter at the taco place- just of thd chicken of meat w/o the taco? Or is that not GF?
And aren't taco shells made from corn, which I thought was Gf. Pardon my ignorance

piece

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 3:46 pm
as far as you all eating pizza when your child is eating salad - I'm sure if you explain the situation & put in the excitement of eating out - could it be he wouldnt mind what the rest are eating.
maybe a fish place with salad; or a meat place for hot dogs & french fries
good luck

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:29 pm
Thanks everyone.
I was actually thinking maybe I'll just do a barbecue that night. But it's still my problem to prepare and serve and clean. Oh, well.
The taco place specifically said only the salad and soup are GF, maybe it's just too hard for them to keep things separate, so even though the meat or taco may not have gluten ingredients, maybe they use the same utensils or something.
She's too old to be that excited about eating out that she won't care what she eats. It's hard enough for her that she can't go out to eat with friends or eat at a simcha, I can't feed my whole family something she would really want, right in front of her. Also a salad is not enough of a supper.
I guess we will be having supper on the grill next week, hope the weather stays nice.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:52 pm
Why don't you just get kosher lpesach takeout food?

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:28 pm
Good idea. Does anyone know where I can get Kosher LPesach takeout the middle of next week in Lakewood?

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:00 pm
glutenless wrote:
Good idea. Does anyone know where I can get Kosher LPesach takeout the middle of next week in Lakewood?

The butchers have kashered already so a connected take out may be turned over . You could check if the co-op take out or Kosher West Take out is. but they also may not because people will probably be using them for shabbos hagadol. I don't know.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:49 pm
I know the fishing line is kosher for pesach. They have ready cooked fish (such as tilapia breaded in potatoes) and sides.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 9:55 am
Thanks sky. We're not big fish eaters, but maybe I'll make some phone calls and see if any butchers will have kosher lpesach next week.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:45 am
All the takeout places here are klp already
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen