Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Trying to buy Pesach clothing online for the grandkids

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:17 pm
Aren't the new girls' clothing that the frum stores are showing WEIRD?
I try to be with-it and open minded, and I am happy we're moving away from kiddies in black, but these colors and prints and fabrics are weird. And cheap looking. But not cheap!
Do you guys really like them?

I want to help out my kids with Pesach clothing, we live out of town, but we have two frum clothing places. I'm willing to spend some, but can't find a thing that is normal.
Are there online sites with nice styles? Are there any frum children's clothing sites? I found Alyssa's Boutique- Are there others?
One family is really conservative (taste,not religion!) the other not so much, but all covering the knee.
Girls, sizes 4,8, 10

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 1:23 am
Different amother - bumping this - I need some ideas too for girls ages 2 and 5.

lfab

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 8:47 am
For little girls try children's place I love their stuff. Not sure if most of their dresses will be long enough for older girls though.

m+m

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:03 am
Zara's

Applekugel

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:20 am
Zara's is the best. I had to buy two dresses for my 7 year old and add to the bottom. It was worth it for me because I cldnt find anything in the Jewish stores. Nextdirect.com sometimes has. Jacadi.com, Jcrew.com, Alexandalexa.com, polo.com, brooksbrothers.com. All these sites have kids clothing. Good luck

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:40 am
Thanks! I'll let you know what happens.
-OP

smiledr

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:45 am
I've ordered from crew cuts, Alex and Alexa, everything but the princess - all online and they were easy to deal with. Everything but the princess even measured dresses for me. Bug selection, wide price range. Have many companies that u find In frum stores - same price sometimes cheaper.

smiledr

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:46 am
FYI crew cuts tends to run very short.

esther malka

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:04 am
Styledchild.com
Shaindys.com
Ladida.com
Junees.com
I also found nice tops at the gap and matched with cute dirndle skirt from from frum store
Good luck!

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:19 am
I get the new style, I understand the aesthetic, but it just isn't for me so I also find it upsetting that this is ALL there is in stores lately. Tey gymboree online, they seem a little classier. You might find at children's place but I wasn't so impressed with them lately. Sorry you just missed a great sale there... Can still probably find a 20%coupon somewhere.

lfab

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:44 pm
I just checked out some of the sites that previous posters listed. Do people really pay these prices for little girls clothes? shock Now I'm really dreading the day my oldest tells me that she wants to shop in the frum stores! I'm not trying to knock anybody's choices but seriously how does anyone afford to buy these clothes?

sky

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 1:24 pm
zara.com is reasonably priced compared to some of the others - dresses are cut very short (from my past experience, you can try ordering a few sizes up for dresses). The are easy to order from because of free shipping and returns.

And you have to make sure with the frum stores that it covers or even hits the knees if you care, you can't rely on it at all, they have been cutting the dresses very short.

I order from children's place or gymboree, but you have to go for it. People who like the Jewish stores don't really go for that look.

zigi

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 2:36 pm
zulilly has some really nice things too

Willow43

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 2:46 pm
FYI zaras doesnt have free shipping anymore Smile (unless you spend a minimum, I think 50)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics