Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Coconut oil ?

skinny

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 8:58 am
is it k4p?

Odelyah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 9:04 am
I'm sure it would need a Pesach hechsher but if you hear of any let us know! You can try calling the OU or Star-K to ask them. (The Star-K's hotline is 410-484-4110.)

mandksima

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:40 pm
My mother is bringing one for me because it does need a hechsher or a reliable source saying a plain hechsher is ok. My mother was told Spectrum brand unrefined virgin coconut oil is fine for Pesach. I think it was the OU. Coconut Secret's coconut flour is also fine for Pesach if anyone is interested.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:34 pm
As per the CRC Spectrum brand unrefined coconut oil is KLP w/o certification (just the regular OU). This is the only brand I know of.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:39 pm
That's really good to know! Maybe now I'll make chocolate mousse for Pesach. But probably I won't. Smile

skinny

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:23 pm
thnx,y'all

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 4:41 pm
Odelyah wrote:
That's really good to know! Maybe now I'll make chocolate mousse for Pesach. But probably I won't. Smile

whats ur choc mousse recipe??????????? please share!!

Odelyah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
whats ur choc mousse recipe??????????? please share!!

The thing is, I've only made it dairy, for Shavuos, with butter. But I know a lot of people make it pareve with margarine so I thought it would probably be good with coconut oil, but I've never tried it. The recipe I use is the Ebony and Ivory recipe from Susie Fishbein (Kosher by Design? Or maybe KBD Entertains). It's a layered white and dark chocolate mousse, but the dark chocolate one is very good on it's own, just served in little parfait cups. (I definitely wouldn't make the white chocolate mousse pareve.) If I was going to make mousse, I would probably use her recipe (the dark chocolate mousse part of the Ebony and Ivory recipe) but as I said, I never actually tried it with coconut oil instead of butter. Do you still want me to post it? (If anyone here has ever made chocolate mousse with coconut oil, feel free to chime in Smile )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics