Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is it yashan?
1  2  Next

Bruria

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 3:18 pm
Hi! Does anyone know if the mini danishes from Yerushalayim Bakery from Costco are yashan? On the box it just says it is pas yisroel and nothing more.
Thanks!

monseychick

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 4:53 pm
In a week everything will be YASHAN.....

There are bigger things to worry about so close to Peasach

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 4:59 pm
You can call the hashgacha and ask

Bruria

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:34 pm
monseychick wrote:
In a week everything will be YASHAN.....

There are bigger things to worry about so close to Peasach
Whoa, what's with the attitude? You have no idea why I was asking this question. I hope you feel better after you finish your Pesach cleaning.Pesach sameach to you!

Pineapple

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:39 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
You can call the hashgacha and ask

And/or the company

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:01 pm
usually if it doesn't say קמח ישן it isn't to be presumed to be

Bruria

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:06 pm
greenfire wrote:
usually if it doesn't say קמח ישן it isn't to be presumed to be
I know! I just called the company, but the girl who answered the phone didn't know. I guess part of me hoped that it was yashan haha!

working hard

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:47 pm
It is definitely NOT yoshon as per the Mashgiach. I spoke to him about this bakery specifically a few weeks ago.

Bruria

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:59 pm
working hard wrote:
It is definitely NOT yoshon as per the Mashgiach. I spoke to him about this bakery specifically a few weeks ago.
Oh wow!! Thank you so much!

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:02 pm
working hard wrote:

there you go :arrow:

working hard

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:42 pm
By the way, many items are Yoshon even if not marked as such. Your are welcome to ask me about individual products and if I do not know, I will try to find out for you. That is what I do all day anyway.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:47 pm
working hard wrote:
By the way, many items are Yoshon even if not marked as such. Your are welcome to ask me about individual products and if I do not know, I will try to find out for you. That is what I do all day anyway.

I didn't say they couldn't be - but not to presume without knowledge because pas yisrael & yoshon are not synonymous

Bruria

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:48 pm
working hard wrote:
Thank you!That's pretty cool! Do you by any chance work for the Guide to Chodosh?

working hard

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 8:31 am
yes, I do work for the guide

amother

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 8:59 am
working hard - can I ask you something if you don't mind
are icecream cakes from sprinkles yoshon (didn't find it in the guide) & the ice cream cakes from Klein (someone bought us from Kleins - when asked if yoshon, we were told Kemach Yoshon, but when checked the ingredients it had some sort of barley (don't have it in front of me)--so we didn't eat it bec that wasn't part of the kemach.
thanks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 11:09 am
If it's malt, many people are meikil on that.

Bruria

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 8:45 pm
working hard wrote:
yes, I do work for the guide
That is super cool!!Smile

working hard

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 10:14 pm
Klein's is Yoshon. Sprinkles I do not know. I do not think I will be able to get an answer before Pesach. I will try to find out for next year.

Bruria

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:11 pm
working hard wrote:
Hi again! I bought market pantry pasta at Target and I forgot to check the guide! The date is 07SEP2016Y2, do you happen to have any info on it?Thanks!

working hard

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:57 pm
The market pantry pasta has a 2 year shelf life. The cut off date for the wheat used in pasta is August 25, so the cut off date for this product would be 25AUG2016Y#, the number following the Y does not matter. The Y is the factory code. The package you have may be Chodosh as it was produced after the factory already had Chodosh wheat. Any packages with a date earlier than August 25 are Yoshon
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen