Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you buy KLP makeup?
Previous  1  2

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 12:01 pm
no. I think its a scam

sky

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 12:30 pm
lfab wrote:
Nope I just use whatever I already have. Except for lipstick which I usually just don't bother buying since it's only 1 week and half the days you can't put it on anyway.

Why not?
Lipsticks\lip liners\lip sealers are all that I get new before Pesach. Last year I saved mine so I didn't have to run out last minute to buy new. It was Great advice someone gave me last year.

I use what I own and make sure it is own Rabbi Bess's list, enough of it is that I don't buy anything special.

causemommysaid wrote:
no. I think its a scam

Its not a scam. Its smart advertising and capitalism. (I didn't look at the ad, if they run off with your money and you get nothing then it is a scam.)

Zus

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:36 pm
Am I the only one who buys Pesach lipsticks because the regular ones have crumbs on them? LOL

ElTam

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:38 pm
Our rav holds lipstick only needs to be KLP. I have a tube from last year that I just used for Pesach that I put away.

Let me know when people start eating eyeliner.

2cents

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
But so is perfume not fit for a dog. So why are people who are okay with the make-up still putting away their perfume. I don't understand the difference? Can somebody explain this?

I went to by baltimore where the halacha rav taught the above opinion about makeup (e/t is ok, preferable to buy new lip products).

this is going back close eleven years, but I think the reason he gave for perfume not being in this catagory was because soldiers and others who lacked access to alcoholic beverages were known for consuming perfume instead, thus rendering perfume technically "fit for consumption".

jflower

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:48 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I check ingredients. Last year everything was grain free except my blush and lipstick so I bought that KLP. Mascara is never KLP because the smoothing agent is chametz so I just don't use it.

Mascara is never KLP? Really? I never heard that before. I've always used mascara on Pesach. There are brands of eye makeup listed in the KLP lists.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:53 pm
jflower wrote:
Mascara is never KLP? Really? I never heard that before. I've always used mascara on Pesach. There are brands of eye makeup listed in the KLP lists.

We use Rabbi Bess's list for Pesach (back of Star-K book). He has a section of products that "May\Do contain chametz" There are makeup products included in the list including Blush, Eye cosmetics, base\foundation.

I definitely use mascara on Pesach that is OK.

My parents use all cosmetics\toiletries on Pesach without checking anything. My DH uses from a limited list. There are definitely an entire spectrum of opinions on this.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 1:28 pm
2cents wrote:
I went to by baltimore where the halacha rav taught the above opinion about makeup (e/t is ok, preferable to buy new lip products).

this is going back close eleven years, but I think the reason he gave for perfume not being in this catagory was because soldiers and others who lacked access to alcoholic beverages were known for consuming perfume instead, thus rendering perfume technically "fit for consumption".

Ty for the answer.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics