Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Urgent!!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 5:19 am
Since I put my 4 year old son to sleep he's woken up 2-3 times crying that his foot hurts or his hand hurts.

I assumed he couldn't sleep and was making stuff up to gain sympathy. Now it's 5 am and he woke up SCREAMING that his hand hurts. DH and I ran to him. At first we didn't believe him again but his screaming seemed very believable.

We turn on the light and see his right hand looks red and slightly more swollen than the left.

From the top of his fingers til about his wrist.

Other than running to the er we didn't know what to do. So we stayed with him a few min and he calmed down. Can't say is we were imagining it but I think the redness and swelling may have faded and he stopped crying.

Now, the other times he cried we did not check him so idk if it happened to his foot also or not.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be? And most importantly, is it dangerous?????

ohsleepy1

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 5:55 am
Can he move his fingers without pain? Did he fall yesterday and injure his hand or foot? See how he feels in the morning and if still in pain, I would take him to the pediatrician today, might not hurt to get x-rays if he's waking up in the middle of the night in pain.

hila

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 6:33 am
Has he had a sore throat recently ?

Get your doc to check for rheumatic fever.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 7:07 am
Op

He was fine with moving it after a few minutes and went back to sleep.

He's coming off having flu plus strep last week

JewishMommyNYC

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 7:13 am
Whatever you do, don't ignore it today because we have Shabbat and Pesach right around the corner. You know how easily children can be distracted from pain and he might seem fine when he wakes up but something could be wrong. Try to be on top of it ASAP. I hope he's alright.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 8:34 am
Refuah shelaima! Please see a dr today. For the future, find out if your ped has an answering service during non office hours. Many do.

working hard

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:40 am
My son just had HSP following strep. The symptoms are similar to what you describe. Check it out with your ped. Please, even if he seems fine now.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:54 am
working hard wrote:
My son just had HSP following strep. The symptoms are similar to what you describe. Check it out with your ped. Please, even if he seems fine now.

Op. I do have an appt for today. But what is hsp?

working hard

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 9:25 pm
burst blood vessels under the skin. Not very scary on its own - just painful and unpleasant, but it can lead to more serious things so it has to be treated right away.

chanee

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 9:37 pm
you said he had a strep recently. Is it possible that the strep didn't heal?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics