Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What's the point of insurance (vent)
Previous  1  2

farm

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:07 pm
So frustrating, the system really stinks sometimes!
But you really should be fighting some of those charges- OB missed your birth? You should NOT be paying that bill (although sometimes that is really a bundled bill that takes into account all of your office visits the entire pregnancy so it would make sense that you owe something, check into your policy to see if you/insurance has been reimbursing OB all along or if it's bundled at the end, but in any case, you do not owe a hefty delivery fee and make sure your insurance company wasn't charged that by the OB either- that would be fraud! And you can tell that to the OB office if they did charge you as if the OB was there for your delivery.). The out of network pediatrician/anesthesiologist shtick is also disgusting and you should put up a big fuss and tell them that you requested an in network pediatrician and they disregarded your wishes. It's all super annoying and stressful, lots of time on hold with various offices... such a headache, but in the end probably worth the $ saved. Good luck and mazel tov on the birth of your baby!

Think1st

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 9:15 am
gp2.0 wrote:
I was shocked at hospital prices too. The bills just kept coming and they were bizarre. $20 for each advil they gave me?

Finally by the time the fifth bill arrived with a random "service charge" on it I said that's it, if you can't tell me what this bill is for I'm not paying. I've paid enough. Well no one could tell me, it got referred to a collection agency for awhile, then they dropped it.

I've had this same type of problem a couple more times with medical groups. They bill for whatever they can and I don't think they expect to get paid half the time. That's my theory.

Unpaid medical bills are the last thing that banks care about ,since medical bills go hand in hand with taking time off work, & they tend to rip you off

BTW Did you try sending them back the Advil? Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics