Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
First boy, going a bit crazy with all this energy

imab

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:26 am
Hi,
I have a beautiful boy after 3 gorgeous intelligent girls. He's eleven months now and cruising everywhere. His favorite toys are electric sockets, dirty tissues, my cell phone and toilets. I feel like he isn't stimulated by normal toys. Blocks, activity boards and balls keep him busy for about a minute! It was not like this with any of my girls. I can't leave him alone for a minute. Any tips???

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:28 am
imab wrote:
Hi,
I have a beautiful boy after 3 gorgeous intelligent girls. He's eleven months now and cruising everywhere. His favorite toys are electric sockets, dirty tissues, my cell phone and toilets. I feel like he isn't stimulated by normal toys. Blocks, activity boards and balls keep him busy for about a minute! It was not like this with any of my girls. I can't leave him alone for a minute. Any tips???

I have this with my child and she's a girl!!

suzyq

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:46 am
My boys are like this. Do you have any toy cars? My kids will play with those. Also, I have a cabinet in my kitchen that my kids are allowed to pull stuff out of - it's amazing how entertaining a bowl can be. But in general, you just have to keep stuff out of reach as much as you can. Boys are really fun, but they get into EVERYTHING!

SingALong

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 12:05 pm
I could've written this post. My son runs from one trouble to the next. Just wait till he figures out how to climb in furniture. I need to keep my chairs in the side so that he doesn't end up on table or counters. Put safety locks in all cabinets. And take him outside as much as possible to release all that boy energy!!!

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 12:25 pm
Yup it only gets worse Hug
My son is almost 3 and he literally has no patience to sit for a second. He runs from one toy to the next when he does play and usually it is just throwing them and banging them and tearing the books.
He actually loves cutting with scissors so that is an outlet for him I guess.

I just take deep breaths and deal with it it is so hard some days though!

lfab

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 12:45 pm
Sorry I have no advice for you, though I can certainly empathize! My youngest daughter, who is almost 2, was and still is like this. She was walking by 9 months and much more active and mischievous than my other girls. We put locks on every kitchen cabinet so I wouldn't have to keep putting things away. We also make sure that the doors to all rooms in the house are shut so it's easier to keep track of her and there's less stuff for her to get into.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics