Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Bunch of Antisemites

monseychick

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:25 am
http://www.theverge.com/2014/4.....glass

When I logged on to Imamother a while ago I was hit by a banner ad for a Glass explorer promotion.

When you click on it you see , google is running a promotion and selling their glasses for the very first time to the general public, Tues at 9am..

Yomtov

fmt4

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:28 am
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Is this a joke? You really think that the people at google have nothing better to do than scheme to make sure that Jews can't buy their glasses?
Believe me, all they care about is making as much money as possible by selling as many as possible.

sequoia

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:31 am
They must have been planning this for years!

fmt4

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:35 am
Lol yup I'm sure they all check their Jewish calendars to see when Passover falls out.

morah

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:48 am
This actually reminds me of something that happened to a neighbor of mine. He is a triathlete, and a few years back, wanted to sign up for the New York City Triathalon, but couldn't because it conflicted with the 9 days. Fine, he figured, I'll do it next year. The next year, it ALSO coincided with the 9 days. Then he checked ahead the next few years (because they schedule I think 5 years in advance) and found the date ALWAYS changed and ALWAYS coincided with the 9 days. He started to get suspicious- maybe an OTD Jew was in charge of the scheduling and wanted to stick it to the frummies?- and ended up calling the organizers to ask why the date fluctuated so much every year. Turns out, they pick the date according to some sort of lunar formula because it's more favorable for the tides and currents...

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 10:58 am
Honestly, I think they are doing the Jews a favor. Having glasses with a computer screen on them is not something I would wish upon anyone. I think it's healthier to actually be able to see the world around us as time goes by. JMHO.

Fuchsia

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:03 am
Do you think people really know about the fifty million rules that our holidays involve? If you think that anybody around you gives enough of a d*mn to inquire about your religious rules, you're wrong. Do you know exactly, down to the smallest detail, of what other religion holidays entail?

A woman I know, who grew up in Queens, has a Jewish father, knows I am ultra-Orthodox, still wanted to know whether I'll be driving back to upstate from Brooklyn between the two seders, or if I'll just sleep over there.

Sherri

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:14 am
I think this is a joke.

Happy18

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:15 am
Who cares?

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:16 am
While I'm pretty sure OP posted this tongue in cheek, I should say that maybe Google should have times their release a bit smarter. They lose out on a pretty big market by not having the jewish community at the stores for the latest gadget.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:16 am
By the time we can buy them they'll be half price because they'll be on their way to obsolescence. Gevaldig!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:46 am
& here I thought you were talking about imamothers

as for sales people - they usually work around their schedule - not yours or pesach's for that matter ...

doublemama

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:51 am
Well if anyone really really wants glass and will be heartbroken that they will miss out on Tuesday I have an explorer invitation to give away and so you can buy them anyway!

doublemama

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 11:52 am
On another day I mean

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 1:30 pm
I've never even heard of the glass ... but you know what - I'm sure there will be something way more technologically advanced you'll be on the verge to buy on the tuesday after next ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics