Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How much is a 6 ounce bag of Ground Walnuts?

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 3:31 pm
I just noticed I paid 9.99 for 15 ounces of ground walnuts in KRM (KRM is supposed to be reasonable). Thats 66 cents an ounce. If the 6 ounce bag isnt more than $4.00 (66 cents times 6 is $3.96) , its no cheaper to buy the deli type plastic container of ground walnuts, thats not sealed as well as the bags. Might not be a bargain.

Anyone know what a 6 ounce bag of ground walnuts costs?

TIA

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 4:20 pm
I'm sure you're going to find varied prices ... I payed $2.60 at cost - but that was with a 'special' discount ... I would think it's only a little more monies normally - especially at krm

they might be charging you for the 'deli' container & the time it took to weigh & package them ... everything has it's cost

Mevater

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 9:09 pm
Here are the prices on 13th avenue for the same Egoz brand of ground walnuts, 6 oz bag:

Super 13 $4.59
Mega Savings $4.29
(identical item)

also Goldbergs is selling Liebers 6 oz bag of ground walnuts, advertised in Torah Toimes, for 99 cents on sale (Im thinking maybe its an error).

Does this make sense- a 6 oz bag for 99 cents? How is the quality of Liebers versus Egoz? Anyone know?

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 9:31 pm
$0.99 sounds very inexpensive. I'd check the expiration date on it. Especially if it's sold at a Jewish store.

I grind my own nuts in the food processor. I buy a huge bag from Costco, store it in the freezer, and grind as needed. That's the cheapest way to do it, I've found.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 10:36 pm
It is not an error at Goldberg's. They do this every year, advertise some really phenomenal specials to get you into their store (where the prices are generally reasonable anyway - average or better) Works for me! Last year I ended up doing my total Pesach shopping there, so I got some great bargains and they got my family's entire $400 pesach grocery budget. Great idea all around.

happy12

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 9:30 am
Rosners has it for $1.89 a 6 oz bag.

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:02 am
happy12 wrote:
Rosners has it for $1.89 a 6 oz bag.
Is the Liebers brand or Egoz brand $1.89? TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains