Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Minimalist packing

amother

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:50 am
I always pack too little and end up forgetting something important. I'm scared of overpacking an get over zealous in the opposite extreme. My mother overpacks- like for just a Shabbos she will pack an entire bag just for shoes. This causes major fights between my parents. But my way also makes for arguments...

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:53 am
Make a list so you don't forget anything. Mentally go through everything you will need on a day-to-day basis so you can make sure to pack it all.

imeinu

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 12:10 pm
like Rutabaga said, make a list. And then save it for the next trip. It takes all the guess work out of it. Dont know where you live but by me Yom Tov can be especiall hard as the weather can do funny things. Just make sure to bring a sweater in case it gets cold.

Also, one thing that helps me and saves room in the suitcase is dressing everyone for shabbos before you leave. Even if it is friday morning or in this case, monday morn. Aside from saving room, you also are sure to have at least one complete shabbos outfit for everyone including the shoes.

Good luck packing and have a wonderful Yom Tov!!

acccdac

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 12:35 pm
if there is room in the suitcase take a little extra, that doesnt mean you'll become your mother or start a fight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics