Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What should I bring to the hotel for Pesach?

passaicmom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:28 pm
This will be the first time I am going with my children to a hotel for Pesach. I am looking for suggestions on what I should bring with me to make the kids comfortable, or things that I might want to bring "just in case". Any and all advise will be much appreciated.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:33 pm
Me? Wink

When I've gone to hotels with the kids for an extended stay I like to buy a new toy to occupy them in the hotel room for times they'll be there.

granolamom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:38 pm
toys, books, snacks

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:43 pm
Some great ideas here.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+list

If you know your child likes only specific items like baby jars, yogurt, cheese snack, whatever... you should bring along even though there are 24 hour tea (snack) rooms.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:46 pm
How old are your kids?

Bring lots of clothes! Seriously, people seem to change a lot.

Non-perishable snacks for in between meals if you don't want to have to schlep down to the tea room.

Bathing suits and pool shoes if there will be a comfortable setup for the kids to go swimming on erev Y"T or chol hamoed.

Favorite comfort items (blankie, stuffed animals, etc.) to make sleeping in a strange place easier.

Shabbos timer or kosher lamp.

Toys, books, and games for your room, although most programs do stock that kind of thing as well.

Water bottles and/or sippy cups.

Stroller, backpacks, and sneakers for walking around hotel grounds or chol hamoed excursions.

Name tags? Every hotel program I ever went to had kids wandering around without their parents.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:19 pm
thanks for posting this thread- I'm wondering the same thing- big question is how MUCH clothing for a preschooler do you have to bring?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for posting this thread- I'm wondering the same thing- big question is how MUCH clothing for a preschooler do you have to bring?
1.5 outfits X number days you will be there.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:38 pm
Lots of extra underwear. Packages cost less than having it laundered at the hotel.

Kugglegirl

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 4:40 pm
Bathing suits, flip flops & cover ups.

Nice robe you don't mind being seen in. Nice robes for girls if they have them.

Toys & arts & crafts or busy books (ie word searches for older kids) decks of cards.

Small tupperwares to store some food in the room, also knife for slicing up fruit if you have little ones who need it in smaller peices. Extra sippy cups & some plastic cups

Can make a run to a local dollar store on Chol ha moed to get odds & ends to keep them busy.-- This was also a fun activity for the kids on Chol ha moed. Especially if you don't usually bring them out to stores.

books or magazines for you & for kids

laptop or tablet. We were in the catskills last year & had very crummy phone reception, but the lobby had wifi.

Pack of cleaning wipes to clean small spills & stuff in the room.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 4:58 pm
not op- we are going for all of Pesach- coming the day before erev- that means I need 15 outfits for my four yr old? That's A LOT of clothing!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
not op- we are going for all of Pesach- coming the day before erev- that means I need 15 outfits for my four yr old? That's A LOT of clothing!
Are you going to a hotel? Or to friends and family? It makes a difference because at a hotel you need the children to look presentable at each evening meal after a full day of kids running around. Half the time you will need to change them before the meal. Robes are part of that equation.

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:

yeah, I hear you. we're going to israel, will be staying with relatives shabbos hagadol and then going to a hotel. so I can do laundry at relatives house I guess, but enough clothes for each family member is too much to carry! last time I hand washed my toddlers clothes in the sink and hung out to dry on chol hamoed. the hotel we stayed at had clothelines so I guess I wasnt the first to do that. boys white shirts are a bit harder to hand wash, and I suspect that the hotel cleaning service is cheaper than purchasing more shirts. especially because they do not need so many shirts otherwise.
my four yo tends to wear the same thing over and over so I'm hoping that 7 outfits will be enough.

this should be our biggest problem Smile

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 7:13 pm
I'm the amother who asked about clothing before- we are going to a hotel. If it was family I wouldn't care..... But as granolamom said-that should be the worst of our problems:

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 9:10 pm
You might be able to find a laundromat near the hotel on chol hamoed which would be cheaper than using the hotel laundry services.

passaicmom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 9:45 pm
Thanks for all the replies I hope I got it all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics