Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Who else is going batty from all this hard work?

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 3:44 pm
I knew I needed to sit down a few minutes when I broke down four chickens, reserved the wings and necks for soup, and then got frustrated trying to figure out why I had so many less necks than wings. Yeah, that's not so good.

November

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 3:46 pm
In bed. Can't move.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 3:47 pm
I can't say Hypnotized

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:24 pm

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:47 pm
greenfire wrote:

You mean a chometz cookie

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:04 pm
That's quite funny, Greenfire! LOL

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:08 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
That's quite funny, Greenfire! LOL

I actually don't find it too funny ... but sonny boy apparently thought it was ... so I forwarded it to you hard workers with excuses to go batty ... just hide that louisville slugger in the car & eat the rest of the cookies yourself Cool

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 7:22 pm
So funny, Greenfire. Cool.

So funny, OP, about the necks. I hope you found the missing ones. Hee hee!

I'm working like a runaway slave.

Because I AM a runaway slave.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 7:30 pm
Yep! My feet hurt, been on them since 6am. And still not finished turning over my kitchen and haven't started cooking yet.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 7:33 pm
well, I've been cooking since mid-last week. I took care of all the peripherals, and completely forgot to make a meal for tonight. so one child agreed to have some gefilte fish, one had a yogurt. one hasn't complained about being hungry yet. I'm going to finish off some food from shabbos, but I doubt ds will agree to leftovers today. and I have to bake tonight. we already finished a whole bunch of cupcakes from last week...

I have no patience for bedikas chometz. my dh didn't bother asking me to check pockets this year. he knows my opinion on that from previous years. I hope he's not up too late obsessing over crumbs in coats we will not use over pesach...

amother

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:38 pm
My husband and I had an argument. We normally get along great. I feel terrible. What good is a clean house if DH is not happy? My cleaning lady took the labels off my dairy Pesach pots and I got upset.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 9:33 pm
We had a surprise extra teenage boy to feed for Shabbos dinner. The kids ate up most of the potato and cauliflower on Shabbos, maybe because I didn't have soup like I usually do. DH didn't feel like he got enough to eat, and the teens also complained.

I threw together a couple of extra salads for our lunch guests, and I thought it was fine. But last night, DH freaked out that I wouldn't have enough food.

Go look at what I posted on the menu thread. I got up at 5 and have been cooking all day. I made 5 desserts, a kugel and 2 other sides, 3 soups, and sweet and sour meatballs. DH is doing the meat.

And what do we get into a fight about before looking for chametz? He STILL is worried that I am going to starve our guests!

AAAUGH!

debsey

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:30 pm
imasinger wrote:
But last night, DH freaked out that I wouldn't have enough food.

Go look at what I posted on the menu thread. I got up at 5 and have been cooking all day. I made 5 desserts, a kugel and 2 other sides, 3 soups, and sweet and sour meatballs. DH is doing the meat.

And what do we get into a fight about before looking for chametz? He STILL is worried that I am going to starve our guests!

AAAUGH!

Opposite problem - my husband is making fun of me all day "why do I cook so much? just to feed the garbage can?!" His mother just made the same recipe over and over and that's all they ate (this is TRUE, thank goodness we no longer go there for Pesach!!)
Meanwhile, we're having tons of guests, and I made a very nice, not elaborate (I'm not the "measure the yodel dough with a ruler so you get perfectly shaped pastries" sort) food. We have a lot - we need a lot - we're a family of 9 plus all our guests have at least 5 kids, many of which are TEENAGE BOYS......So no, I didn't make too much. I'd rather a compliment or two, instead of all this "it's your fault you're working so hard..." lines. Good excuse for not helping!
He'd rather I spend my time obsessively taking apart light switch covers and cleaning them with easy off and a toothpick, like his mother does. I'm good with windex and a sponge.... I don't have OCD. I promise you, there's no chametz a dog would eat INSIDE my light switch cover.
debs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics