Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO non-Gebrokts kneidlach for chicken soup

3mitzvos

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:25 pm
Does anyone have a great tasting recipe for non-Gebrokts "matzah" balls for chicken soup?

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 12:51 pm
Saw50st8's posted a recipe for potato knedilach. I think the thread was gluten free pesach or something similar.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 5:31 pm
you can make chicken kneidlach. or potato knaidlach.

3mitzvos

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 6:49 pm
mha -- I couldn't find saw50st8's post.... tried searching using so many different keywords. Smile

ramom -- Do you have a good recipe for potato kneidlach?

GetReal

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 6:52 pm
1-2 grated potatoes
2lb ground chicken
2 eggs, beaten
1 scant tsp salt

Mix all together, form into balls like you would with matzah balls. Drop into boiling water and then simmer for 20-30min. You can freeze them in a big pan and then drop into boiling chicken soup.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 7:36 pm
The recipe books have the potatoe kneidlach ones. They are fluff and taste good.

3mitzvos

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 7:44 pm
Thanks, getreal.

flowerpower -- I have ""Pesach -- Anything's Possible" and "Passover By Design". I only saw chicken balls.
Do you have a recipe for potato kneidlach you could give me?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 7:51 pm
I saw it the "nitra" and "pupa" I think.I have both but don't know which one actually comes out good. My mom made them last year and were really fluffy. I'll ask her which one she used.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 9:44 pm
I tried too! Sorry Sad

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2012, 10:05 pm
Potato Dumplings

3 potatoes, mashed
3 eggs, lighly beaten
3 Tbsp potato starch
1 tsp salt
pepper

Combine all ingredients. Drop by spoonful into boiling salted water. Cook 15 minutes.
Good in veggie soup.

(For fluffier clouds in the chicken soup: Whip up the whites, and mash the potatoes with the yolks. Add salt (do not use potato starch). Fold everything together. Drop into boiling soup. Cook 10 minutes.)

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 6:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Potato Dumplings

3 potatoes, mashed
3 eggs, lighly beaten
3 Tbsp potato starch
1 tsp salt
pepper

Combine all ingredients. Drop by spoonful into boiling salted water. Cook 15 minutes.
Good in veggie soup.

(For fluffier clouds in the chicken soup: Whip up the whites, and mash the potatoes with the yolks. Add salt (do not use potato starch). Fold everything together. Drop into boiling soup. Cook 10 minutes.)
I chose the fluffier version and it didnt stick together at all. I just took the mixture and fried them and I have "Chremslach".

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:13 pm
Mevater wrote:
I chose the fluffier version and it didnt stick together at all. I just took the mixture and fried them and I have "Chremslach".
I actually made these after I found them in a cookbook and posted them here 2 years ago.
Did not like them at all.
I prefer egg 'lokshen', chicken 'kneidlach' made fresh, or store bought paskez croutons.

Pineapple

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:18 pm
These are very good

http://glutenfreebay.blogspot......l?m=1

I leave out the flax seed (pepper and dil) on pesach

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:17 pm
Pineapple wrote:
These are very good

http://glutenfreebay.blogspot......l?m=1

I leave out the flax seed (pepper and dil) on pesach
Thanks, but luckily I located the recipe from the Enlitened cookbook, that I couldnt find before and I think this is the one I loved. I just made the Falsche Fish recipe right next to it, and they look nice.

http://books.google.com/books?.....false

Theres lots of good recipes there from the Enlitened cookbook. You have to scroll.

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:46 pm
Mevater wrote:

I'm wondering if it would help to refrigerate it to stiffen the mixture. I made something similar some years ago from the Yated, but I lost the recipe. I think it might be like this:
http://recipecircus.com/recipe......html

It came out good, the first time, but when I made it again, I was in a rush and didn't refrigerate it and it fell apart. It was still tasty. Also, I did not use dill.

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:53 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I'm wondering if it would help to refrigerate it to stiffen the mixture. I made something similar some years ago from the Yated, but I lost the recipe. I think it might be like this:
http://recipecircus.com/recipe......html

It came out good, the first time, but when I made it again, I was in a rush and didn't refrigerate it and it fell apart. It was still tasty. Also, I did not use dill.
I think it was so loose, refrigeration wouldnt have made a big difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics