Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Craziest bedikas chometz story

amother

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:42 pm
Tonight after bedikas chometz with all the little kids we realized that the bag of chometz had disappeared. The child in charge of holding it insisted she had given it to her brother. Brother said he never had it. We went crazy searching entire house. And didnt find it. I was imagining calling a rav with the shayla of what do we burn tomorrow.
Then we searched the house again and found it on the cluttered dresser top of daughters room. What a relief that was.
Then we counted the 10 pieces and found only 9. I was ready to pull out my hair and scream. Finally we found it on the pesachdik kitchen table. Put there by my very "helpful" 3 yr old. shock
Whats your craziest story?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:28 pm
A few weeks before Pesach we got some new rolling desk chairs. The kids thought it was fun to ride in them down the halls, pushing off the walls. So they were playing and pushing on a bookcase. The bookcase collapsed (BH no one was hurt) and we had to move all the seforim off it and throw it out.
Behind the bookcase we found 3 small fortune cookies. I was so happy! LOL

CPenzias

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:43 pm
My crazy story is that we haven't done bedikas chametz yet. ..ahh! Moving and pesach make things difficult

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:47 pm
I was so scared of having such a story I went around with the kids hiding the zip lock bags of croutons and then sat with them till my husband came home so they shouldn't dare misplace any.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:13 am
My DH is visually impaired. He can't see well at night even with a candle.

Let's put it this way. I love my dh but got a kick out of seeing how many pieces of challah he missed. I even threw in a few cookies as a bonus which he missed also.

My dh tries so hard to be frum. At the same time it's funny.

He gave up checking lettuce for bugs a long time ago.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:44 am
One year we only found 9. Could be I miscounted and hid only 9. I was so embarrassed because DH called everyone he knew in a panic unsure what to do. DH was told to go to sleep and chill out.

Now we label the little zip lock bags and write down the exact location we hid them.

rivkad

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 6:13 am
Back when my kids were little, we had a dog. We hid the pieces of chametz, and went out for spaghetti. We did not know to make a list of hiding places! Came home, did bedika, could not find quite a few pieces of chametz. What to do?? Called a local rabbi (living way "out of town") and after discussion we figured out the dog had been following us everywhere we hid the chametz. Rabbi said we could say kol chamira and put the kids to bed. Then our rabbi called his rabbi, and the answer came back: don't make the bracha again, but do a thorough inch by inch of the house again. After that, we could assume the dog "helped" get rid of the chametz. My husband and I went to bed at 1 am or something! I just asked my (now adult) daughter, and she does not remember this at all; I think we didn't make a big deal of it to the kids, just wanted them to go to sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics