Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
My boss decided to bring in a bagel breakfast

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 8:45 am
My boss decided for yesterdays meeting to bring in bagels for our small group. she likes feeding people, and used 'Easter is coming' as an excuse.

So she knows I cant have food unless its kosher. So a half hour before the meeting I find out that she bought me kosher pizza bagels......

Which meant I had to then profusely thank her for thinking of me and including me, and then explain that I could not eat, or even own them. She understood...

And then at the meeting passed out candy to everyone (standard kosher candy)...

I mouthed to a co-worker, asking her to take them, so I didnt offend my boss, but another co-worker saw and told our boss. At which point she took it back and said she would give to me next week....could they leave it in my cubicle on Monday....

By now I was feeling like a party pooper and an ungrateful lout, but explained that Passover isn't over until Wednesday (If I said Tuesday night, they would have put them at my cubicle on Tuesday).

So there is pizza bagels in the freezer meant for me but aren't mine, and a couple pkgs of candy that will appear in my cubicle next week-if I want them or not.

My boss and co-workers are very sweet to try to include me and I feel bad I kept having to say no. they understood, but I still felt like a drag.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:01 am
Oy, galus.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:05 am
Wow, it's been a long week for you.

willow

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:12 am
Kol Havod for not shying away from truth. People really respect those that are consistant with their religious beliefs even if they don't understand. I bet that while it was Majorly uncomfortable they think more of you now.

shirachadasha

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:35 am
I try to emphasize that our obligations are so intricate that it would be hard for a person who doesn't practice them to satisfy all of them.

chani8

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:50 am
I just had to share your story with my whole family. Wow, just wow. That must have been so hard!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 9:56 am
that's rough & nice - but everybody knows what passover is ... so I'm a tad surprised

the thing with leaving things for you - you can politely say thanks but it's passover ... & technically they still belong to whomever bought them - not you

so whatever they decide to do or not do is about them - not you

[what kind of candy was it]

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 10:03 am
greenfire wrote:

[what kind of candy was it]

orange reases pieces in a triangle shaped bag that was green at the top so it looked like a carrot- looks yummy....and since its carrot shaped- 0 calories, right?

amother

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:34 pm
My Jewish but not frum dr can't understand why I can't just eat toast on pessach (I'm in the hospital and supposed to start the BRAT foods) and try ensure; or even keep it till after pessach.... Too bad on pessach is the attitude.
And yes, those candies sound delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics