Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Sephardic Food
Bemuelos

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 1:31 pm
I asked the recipes a long time ago to my sabta, but never got into translating... it's done now!

BEMUELOS (a Pessach recipe – for those who can dip the matza)

You will need :
3 matzot
2 eggs
Oil
(for 20 to 25 bemuelos)

Put the three matzot in water.
When all soft, put them in a strainer and squeeze them with your hands to get as much water as possible out.
Put in a salad bowl and add the eggs and blend with a hand mixer.
Put oil in a pan, heat well, pour one spoonful with a tablespoon/soup spoon for one bemuelo, side by side in the pan. It should be like rather thick crêpe paste.
Fry on both sides (fire medium to hot).
You can freeze them to keep them.

To make the syrup to pour on the bemuelos :
1 glass and half of powdered sugar
1 glass to one glass and half of water
Boil together.
Leave it become cold 2 to 3 minutes
Keep in a glass container. Do not put in the fridge.

To make them hot again, put in a pan on a light fire. Do not add oil.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 1:40 pm
Just know that buñuelos are very very calorie-rich! But Yummmmmm nevertheless.. especially the normal chametz ones.. hmmm

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 1:46 pm
Recently I've discovered you can put Nutella instead of syrup on the bemuelos, and it's great too, but much less traditional LOL

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 1:48 pm
Here in Latin America people eat buñuelos just about daily, but they eat them plain, without any sauce.

They are so yummmmmmm... I have no other words for it.. just thinking about it gives me appatite.

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 4:53 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Recently I've discovered you can put Nutella instead of syrup on the bemuelos, and it's great too, but much less traditional LOL

NUTELLA! YUM! What a creative idea! gotta try that... my mouth is watering reading this !!!

tovasmom

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 10:30 pm
I posted my Hametz Bimuelos recipe on another thread which I cannot find for the life of me. Ruchel, can you find it and post the link, as this would be appropriate for this thread. We top with honey, confectioner's sugar or sprinkles! My crew will only eat them straight out of the pan, though. Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 7:17 am
up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics