Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Why is the Seder at Night?
Previous  1  2

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 4:29 am
Raisin wrote:
Quote:
then it is not chag haaviv! (seriously, I always wonder how it is ok to have pesach in the southern hemisphere)

StripedFlower wrote:
I guess Hashem knows what he's doing.

The Northern Hemisphere had snow and freezing weather too. Israel has Chag HaAviv. (Israel has Chag HaKatzir and Chag HaAsif too). Israel doesn't have Yom Tov Sheini Shel Galuyot... Hashem knows what he's doing but it doesn't apply to the Galut

Isramom8

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 4:40 am
I didn't learn about "Pesach in spring" specifically, but I did learn that the mitzvos are meant to ultimately be kept in Eretz Yisrael. I'm guessing that Israel is where Pesach needs to be chag he'aviv.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 5:04 am
Isramom8 wrote:
I didn't learn about "Pesach in spring" specifically, but I did learn that the mitzvos are meant to ultimately be kept in Eretz Yisrael. I'm guessing that Israel is where Pesach needs to be chag he'aviv.

Sure - Why do we have leap years? So Chag HaAviv falls out in the Aviv

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 8:36 am
Sanguine wrote:
Raisin wrote:
Quote:
then it is not chag haaviv! (seriously, I always wonder how it is ok to have pesach in the southern hemisphere)

The Northern Hemisphere had snow and freezing weather too. Israel has Chag HaAviv. (Israel has Chag HaKatzir and Chag HaAsif too). Israel doesn't have Yom Tov Sheini Shel Galuyot... Hashem knows what he's doing but it doesn't apply to the Galut

I guess you could say Hashem knew what He was doing when He sent us into far-flung places in galus.
And when He sent us snow that actually stuck for a good few hours the first days.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 10:54 am
Isramom8 wrote:

thats the answer I was given - in Isreal in is spring so doesn't matter if it is autumn in Melbourne.

We have no snow and lots of blossoms and nice weather. definately spring here too.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 11:00 am
Pesach is always chag haAviv here but Tu B'shvat is a farce. Winter really comes late here and often Tu B'Shvat is actually the start of winter.

GetReal

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 11:03 am
This question is asked in the Hagadah:

One may think that [the discussion of the exodus] must be from the first of the month. The Torah therefore says, `On that day.' `On that day,' however, could mean while it is yet daytime; the Torah therefore says, `It is because of this.' The expression `because of this' can only be said when matzah and maror are placed before you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions