Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How did you enjoy your vacation?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 5:38 am
I love my co-workers. They are all nice and caring people. And when I came back to work yesterday after spending every waking moment since Shabbos ended (and a bit beforehand) cooking, cleaning and hosting and not getting to bed until after 1 for a week straight had my co-workers all ask "how was your vacation?" I wanted to very sweetly strangle them.

I know they don't understand, and I'm not mad at all. I just sit there wavering between laughing and crying.

On a side note- I had a very disjointed dream about packing for a last minute trip last night. I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

chatouli

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 5:43 am
I used to smile and say, "huh? I'm on vacation NOW." Last year I worked the one day I could chol hamoed Pesach because after marathon YT hosting (and family staying in my house) I felt like going to work was infinitely more relaxing. At least I could shut my office door and eat lunch in peace for half an hour - and throw the wrapper in the trash, no dishes involved!

I hope you get some actual relaxation in during the last days.

willow

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 6:13 am
Reading your post made me laugh

grace413

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 7:00 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Hug Hug Hug Hug

You definitely deserve an all expenses paid vacation to somewhere quiet! You've had way too much excitement the past few days.

Eemaof3

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 7:15 am
I understand. When I get back to work after cleaning, cooking, entertaining guests and kids, and all the other "fun" things I got to do over "vacation", I cannot wait to hear all about my non-Jewish and/or non-frum coworkers trips and sleeping late and eating out. I love Pesach and almost everything about it but it is definitely not "vacation". When do we imamothers get a vacation anyway? Let's plan an imamother cruise!!!

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Apr 19 2014, 6:53 pm
Yup I can totally relate to that working in a non-Jewish office. It used to be my colleagues would ask me how my weekends were, and I would usually tell them how many people I had for a dinner/lunch. Now most of my close colleagues know or think I run a non-profit catering business, so instead of asking how my holidays were, they simply ask how many people I cooked for...

heidi

Post Sat, Apr 19 2014, 9:58 pm
OK, sorry to ruin the complaint fest, bu I am loving my vacation. Not having to be out of the house after getting all the kids out, being able to be in my pj's while cooking or preparing for our daily tiyul. Having the kids home to laze around a bit instead of the hectic schedule they usually keep . . . I'm loving it. I have an incredibly stressful job and have had to be on call a few times over chag, but other than that, when my phone is off I'm in total relaxation mode. And now to cooking . . .

chani8

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 2:51 am
Having a relaxing time here. Something about having other cookers in the house. My teens love to cook and bake, and a few of them even like to clean (they don't get that from me!). So we're having a really nice time. Eating too much. Watching movies, playing computer games, taking hikes, and eating some more.

ETA - it helps that we only have one foster baby right now, so my 'workload' is lighter than usual.

mom in france

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 3:35 am
What vacation???

Chani8 I really admire that you foster!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 1:17 pm
I work in a shomer shabbos office and take certain days off - Tisha B'Av, a day to cook for Pesach, days like that.

I am constantly asked how my vacation was when I come back - to my coworkers, who had to cover for me - it WAS a vacation. A vacation from work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics