Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hate my husband. feel so unappreciated
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 5:33 pm
My husband pulled something like that or first year we were married. It was a second marriage do we both had kids and I was pregnant. I had a crying fit abd crammed at him and then ii stopped being sad and got m mad. I went into the kitchen, unlined all the country's and shelves I had finished, told him he was welcome to reclean and cover everything exactly the way he wanted and leave me out of it. I then went out on a long long walk doing a soda and listening to music. When I came back the liners were all back in place and he hasn't given me any pesach grief since then. Other grief yes, but not this.

Op, when a man acts that way, no explaining you give him is Holmgren to be enough because it's about control, not the actual particulars of what he's complaining about. Next time he does this you tell him calmly that as long as you are doing the cleaning you ate Hong to do it the way you feel is best and that is final. Then just let him talk. Smile and nod and then do whatever you need to do. Putting you on the defensive is gratifying for him. Don't give him the satisfaction. .

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:39 am
Men don't always get us ladies Smile
When we were first married, we used to take our laundry to my parents who lived not far from us. When I was pregnant with my first I told my dh we must get a machine in our apartment. He didn't want to, so the next time I needed to do laundry, I handed him the bag and let him schlep it over.
Guess what, we got a machine the next day!

Maybe send your dh to the store with your kids when you're out of his favorite foods. If he wants it, he has to pick it up

(I should say I married a real Prince. Didn't do a thing. His mother treated him royally. Now he really is an amazing husband and father because I wouldn't stand for that greater than though attitude from the beginning. He does all the grocery shopping. I taught him how, and it also saves us money-he buys what we need, I buy what I see...

I'm sure there's something good about your dh. Do yourself and your children a favor and try to figure out what it is and focus on that
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics