Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Uncommon hebrew name w/o "ch"
Previous  1  2

Rodent

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 8:28 am
Tzurishaddai

finprof

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:27 pm
well, 2 ultrasounds got it wrong, we welcomed a baby girl this morning!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:00 pm
Mazal tov!

I'm so "nervous" that this will happen to us--as in, I don't really care about gender one way or another, but would not want the surprise of thinking about the baby as a "he" for 4.5 months only to find out that he's a she...

Was the gender obvious on the two ultrasounds you had?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:16 pm
finprof wrote:
well, 2 ultrasounds got it wrong, we welcomed a baby girl this morning!

HEY! first of all mazal tov! Secondly, how did that happen, they thought they saw a pen!s, but it wasnt one?! I wonder how often that happens! Wow! Does this mean that I can still dream of a girly? I have been blessed with a wonderful bundle of sons, and no daughters. I just had my twenty week ultrasound, they said it is anther boy! So , should I believ them?!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 12:49 am
Benyamin. He can call himself Ben/Benny/Benjamin for secular things, easy to pronounce (although pretty common). When/if we have a boy that's what I want to name our future son! Wink

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 12:50 am
Lol on my phone and it skipped to the bottom, didn't see the above posts!! Mazal tov!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 4:48 am
amother wrote:
Mazal tov!

I'm so "nervous" that this will happen to us--as in, I don't really care about gender one way or another, but would not want the surprise of thinking about the baby as a "he" for 4.5 months only to find out that he's a she...

Was the gender obvious on the two ultrasounds you had?

That's exactly why we did not find out the gender of our first child. I didn0t mind if it was a boy or a girl but I didn't want to spend 5 minths thinking of it as one when it was the other!

When I gave Birth though, I felt it would have been easier to bond with my baby if I had known she was a girl. I was just thinking of "a baby."

So now that I'm pregnant again, we are thinking of finding out the gender in advance. We hadn't really decided whether to or not but at the 12 week scan they asked if we want to know and we said yes! So she scanned the baby's bottom and said it looks like a girl. I was pleased because I as hoping for a girl (and thought it would be a boy because the pregnancy had been very different) but right at the end of the scan she said "oh, from the side it looks like a boy!"

I wish I hadn't asked now. I know they can't really tell at 12 weeks and for a few minutes I got my hopes up that it was a girl and now I'm back to not knowing. I don't know what we'll do at the next scan.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:27 am
Most of the time they get it right, especially in a specialized place. They can see it before 3 months too nowadays with good machines and good technician.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:32 am
I also had 2 ultrasounds showing a boy, and MIL bought all the clothes already, I'll bet!

I heard it can sometimes happen the opposite way, they say it's a girl, but really they "missed it" and it was a boy, but to think it's a boy and it turns out to be a girl?? On two ultrasounds??

It's just funny how we think we run the world....

How about the name Odelia? Or Eliana?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I heard it can sometimes happen the opposite way, they say it's a girl, but really they "missed it" and it was a boy, but to think it's a boy and it turns out to be a girl?? On two ultrasounds??

I think it is more common that if a mistake is made, it is a boy mistaken for a girl. This happens especially if the technician is looking for "boy parts or lack of boy parts" rather than "boy parts or girl parts."

I know of two families who were told they were expecting twin boys but ended up delivering TRIPLET girls! One of the families already had 7 daughters!

finprof

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:39 am
We named her Orliana Maayan. Dh didn't want to know the relations so he stayed home w/ our son when I went for my 20 week scan (@week 24). The admitted that they weren't sure it was a boy but 95%. The second scan was around week 32 but that was just an in office scan. Either was I'm happy, but now my mom has a little granddaughter to dress up!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names