Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Looking for a specific type of apron

Basya

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:16 pm
I don't care about the color pattern or anything like that.

What I need an apron that the neck strap is the same piece of string that goes around to both sides of the apron, to tie it to the back. So by pulling on the strings to tie in the back - it tightens the neck part. I like that my kids can wear it, and I can wear it with minimal adjustments. I have one (some promo one) for chometz that really needs replacing and I would get one for pesach too. However, I don't know what this type is called (if it even has a name) so I can't search for it online. I hate the metal loops on other aprons, and can't stand the ones that the neck is not adjustable.

anyone even know what I am talking about?

Henya

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:35 pm
Don't know where you are located. In Montreal, they personalize great aprons, with adjustable neck straps (as u described)
http://www.a-zcreations.ca/pro.....eluxe

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 5:59 pm
my daughter readjusted some ties & added button holes & buttons to make her apron more fitting ... in a similar manner that you describe with the neck ties buttoning down to the waist ties

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:02 pm
Basya, could you post a picture?

Basya

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 12:45 pm
thanks for the replies. I can't post a pic cuz my chometz one is packed away with the chometz. it basically has a hem along the sides of the top half of the apron and 1 very long ribbon is threaded through both sides so the middle is at the top and the strings are at the side. If I pull on the side strings the neck part tightens.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 12:48 pm
I've never seen or heard of an apron like that, but it sounds cool. Maybe that will be my next sewing project.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:05 pm

yo'ma ... I'm thinking aloud here ... see the apron - now imagine it sewed without any neck tie or waist tie ... in place you put a hem with buttonhole type openings at 2 sides of the neck going downward to 2 sides of the waist ... then pull a very very very long tie through it - up one waist & around the neck & then down the other side toward the 2nd waist hole ... then the neck & sides will be as adjustable as you make it tight around the waist

[I feel like a genius] Idea

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:26 pm
Why bother with buttonholes? I was thinking bias tape without closing up the ends. A casing for the adjustable ties.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:36 pm
I found one! contnuous tie apron

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:46 pm
And another! continuous tie apron in pretty prints

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:51 pm
And just one more! continuous tie apron on Etsy

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:55 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Why bother with buttonholes? I was thinking bias tape without closing up the ends. A casing for the adjustable ties.

I don't use bias tape - just the material - saves monies & works just as well ... fine no buttonholes - just open 'finished' ends

Basya

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:43 pm
Just in case anyone was interested - I found what I was looking for for $6 in Amazing savings. Now that I have the model number, I found it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3.....id=82

if you look closely at the strap you can see what I was talking about Smile

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:59 pm
curious no more ... glad you found it

mirror

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:15 pm
Basya wrote:
Just in case anyone was interested - I found what I was looking for for $6 in Amazing savings. Now that I have the model number, I found it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3.....id=82

if you look closely at the strap you can see what I was talking about Smile

I love amazing savings!

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 12:09 am
I think that neck adjustment is great, thank you for sharing this cool style op. Glad you found it Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics