Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Where to store my stroller

RW

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:37 pm
I live in a 2 family co-op and I have always kept my stroller at the bottom of our stairs. It is starting to get really annoying because the stroller is fairly large that even folded up, it takes up half the width of our staircase. I really only need it when my daughter is at home (she's in school during the day). My in-laws have a large garage and they live around the corner from us. Is it worth leavig it there when I am not using it, and just pick it up from there garage on days that I will need it? Or is it better to just leave it at the bottom of our steps and just live with the minimal space? Any other suggestions are welcome. TIA

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:44 pm
There are hooks you can install into the wall so you fold it up and hang it. It takes up less room that way.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:58 pm
is there an under the staircase option ?

RW

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
is there an under the staircase option ?

nope, not an option

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:09 pm
are you only blocking yourself in or another family too - obviously this will matter as well as how agile you are ...

I just cannot imagine running around the corner every time you'll need the stroller ... for the same energy you could bring it upstairs and store it inside ...

RW

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:19 pm
greenfire wrote:
are you only blocking yourself in or another family too - obviously this will matter as well as how agile you are ...

I just cannot imagine running around the corner every time you'll need the stroller ... for the same energy you could bring it upstairs and store it inside ...

We own the steps, they are part of our apartment, so we are only blocking ourselves. I just like havng space and not having to walk around the stroller every time we walk up and down the steps. Also, we cant bring the stroller upstairs. It's way too heavy.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:30 pm
can you build/buy a little storage shed ?

little_mage

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:20 pm
If your daughter is old enough to be in school, then she's probably old enough for a cheap umbrella stroller. I'd store the big one at your in-laws and get a cheap, light stroller to have at your apartment.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:00 pm
greenfire wrote:
can you build/buy a little storage shed ?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Cate.....ect=1

or this size you won't have to fold the stroller & you can keep bikes & things of the sort later as you grow

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Cate.....ect=1

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:45 pm
I used to live in a building and keep my carriage in my dining room, shlepped it up the steps each time, no elevator. now I live in an apartment and leave it downstairs blocking my steps. when my son got bigger and I didn't need the double carriage/large single anymore I downsized to something that is smaller and easier to fold so it leaves more room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics