Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr siwoff nj

SingALong

Post Wed, Apr 03 2013, 4:35 pm
Anyone have any experience using him? His website shows mostly eye conditions for older people, but I heard he also works with kids. Anyone use him for kids and can share their experience?

paperclip

Post Wed, Apr 03 2013, 8:11 pm
I have used him for my son. We started sending children to him when we saw that it helped children with ADD and other issues. He is really great. He takes insurance (from New Jersey) . It took me three tries to get my sons prescription perfect.
The appointment you will get will probably be after Succos. ( when I was there in January the next available appointment was in September< so if u are interested book it asap)

animeme

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 12:31 pm
Just made an appointment. In December.

SingALong

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 5:55 pm
Me too....wonder if there's any cancellations ever?

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:25 am
im bumping up an old thread....

anyone can give more info about this dr. my dd tutor recommends him...

SingALong

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:35 am
Took my daughter, we got glasses, she's been wearing them for awhile but says that she sees better without them. We have an upcoming appt in June, well see then how she's doing. I'm doing to help with her strabismus and increase speed and focus with reading. She's definitely reading better the past couple months.

FYI if it's inclement weather don't use cooper lane to get to the highway. I got stuck there in the snow.

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:51 am
thanks.
would u recomend him for general diagnosis. like my dd is reading slow and hard ( shes 10)
tutoring is working but the tutor feels like something is blocking her.
I did vision therapy for her and she is wearing prisims already plus a nubmer.

SingALong

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:56 am
Doesn't hurt to try, see what he says. I went to him just to help with the strabismus. He had a bunch of testing he did that he found my daughter lacking focus. He said the glasses should help her strabismus and focus.

animeme

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 9:19 pm
DS has been wearing his Dr. Siwoff glasses for a few months. His OT sees a major difference in his general body presentations. He says it's easier to read, though for the first week or so he said there was no difference in how he saw. BTW, he actually gave us homework that we only sort of did that's supposed to help the glasses "work", meaning to help them interface with his neurons. We have a follow up soon to see how well that happened.

Oh! Also, DS had months of unsuccessful vision therapy, where he repeatedly answered that he didn't see double. He put on the glasses and said, "I don't see two of things now."

I would definitely go for a second opinion on the prisms. He seemed very willing and eager to speak with our vision therapist to consult, so give him the contact info.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 9:43 pm
On this topic has anyone heard of Dr. Nayor and if so is he on the same level as siwoff.

fly on the wall

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 12:39 am
I have an appointment with him in June that I'll probably cancel. If anyone wants to call the office and see if they'll let you take a friend's appointment, you can. I don't think they let though. I ended up going to a diff doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics