Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Christian Missionary in Baltimore Frum Community

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 3:34 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:07 pm
The link directs you to a page that says that what I am looking for is not there. If possible, please summarize the article. I am very curious to hear what it is about.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:40 pm
Strange, I believe I saw it earlier on Matzav.com (definitely wasn't YW), and now I can't find it there either. It appears that there's some organized effort to delete and clean up the story. It did say that the local Vaad of Rabbonim in Baltimore was meeting to discuss it, so I can only assume that this is how they decided to handle it.

psd

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:11 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
The link directs you to a page that says that what I am looking for is not there. If possible, please summarize the article. I am very curious to hear what it is about.

Original link no longer available but here is the original article from matzav.com
BETRAYAL: Member of Baltimore Frum Community Revealed as Christian Missionary

For several years, Yehuda Mordechai has been a familiar face in the Baltimore frum community. He most regularly davened at Agudas Yisroel of Baltimore, which is under the leadership of Rav Moshe Heinemann.

Yehuda Mordechai is a fixture at local simchos and appears at nearly every Kiddush in the community. He is thus known to many as “The Kiddush Guy.”

Maybe he should be known as “The Kiddush [gentile].”

Just before Pesach, a community member stumbled upon a shocking article online. In the article, titled In Baltimore, an Adventist Aims to Teach Jews About the Messiah, Mordechai is described as a Seventh Day Adventist who is also a rabbi.

The article states that Mordechai was born in Washington, DC, and raised as a secular Jew. He was baptized as a Christian some thirty years ago. He is quoted as saying, “You never forsake Jewishness when you accept Yeshua (Yoshka). You only become more complete. Messianic Jews are Jews for life.”

The revelation has caused great turmoil in the Baltimore community. While somewhat eccentric, Yehuda Mordechai has participated in community affairs for years. The Baltimore Vaad Harabbanim intends to convene to discuss this distressing case.

(In the above picture, Yehuda Mordechai is wearing a black hat and tallis at the Berea Temple, a Christian house of prayer.)

little_mage

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:12 pm
When I clicked on the link earlier, it took me to the article. If I'm remembering correctly, a gentleman who has been living in the community for years, and was heavily involved in kiddushim, was a Messanic Jew. So apparently all the wine others drank was yayin nefesh (I think that's the term...sorry). I'm not sure if missionary is exactly the right term though, because if this is just coming out, then obviously he didn't do much proselytizing.

SplitPea

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:26 pm
Google remembers all Smile

For several years, Yehuda Mordechai has been a familiar face in the Baltimore Orthodox community. He most regularly davened at the Agudath Israel of Baltimore, under the leadership of Rav Moshe Heiniman. He is a fixture at community simchas, and appears at nearly every Kiddush in the community. Hence, he is known to many as the “Kiddush Guy”.

Just before Pesach, a community member stumbled upon a shocking article online. In the article, entitled In Baltimore, an Adventist Aims to Teach Jews About the Messiah, Mordechai is described as a Seventh Day Adventist who is also a Rabbi.

The article states that Mordechai was born in Washington, DC, and was raised as a secular Jew. He was baptized as a Christian some thirty years ago. He is quoted as saying “You never forsake Jewishness when you accept Yeshua (Yoshke), you only become more complete. Messianic Jews are Jews for life.”

The revelation has caused great turmoil in the Baltimore community. While somewhat eccentric, Mordechai has participated in community affairs for years. It now turns out that rather than enriching the Kiddushim which he regularly attended, Mordechai caused community members to drink Yayin Nesach. The Baltimore Vaad HaRabbanim intends to convene immediately after Pesach to discuss this distressing case.

(In attached picture, Yehuda Mordechai appears wearing a black hat and tallis at the Berea Temple, a Christian house of prayer. Photo by Taashi Rowe)

(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)
http://webcache.googleusercont.....gl=us

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:38 am
Wow. So even J for J have sleepers cells? sorry bad joke. That's a crazy story though. How betrayed the people in his community must feel.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 1:20 pm
He is a well recognized person in the Baltimore community for years.

Hamodia recently ran a story about a different family in Baltimore who was also Jews for J. But they liked the Jewish community and admitted their position to a rabbi.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:41 pm
update http://www.totpi.com/2014/04/2.....ssue/

flmommy

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 5:00 pm
I would think most shuls use meveshul wine????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics