Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How fast did you put back your kitchen after Pesach?

blueberries

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:55 pm
We did in about four hours. How long did it take you?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:00 pm
Hmm, yom tov was over at 7 and I think all was done before 10, so less than 3 hours, but it might have been less than that. I wasn't looking at the clock.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:00 pm
under 3 hours, BH several helpful family members!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:17 pm
The boxes were loaded and out of the kitchen within 1.5 hours. But it'll take a LOT longer than that to put my kitchen back....

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:28 pm
Yesterday. With Dh help of course. 3 hrs.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:16 pm
oiy my kitchen still isn't back Sad

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:18 pm
I got everything out quick enough - but I didn't get much up & running

Kugglegirl

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:27 pm
It took all day today, from 10am-5pm.

But that was with toddler home & others in & out later in the day, and they keep eating and using utensils even though they are supposed to use disposables.

& working- Thank G-d, some bushiness came in & had calls to make & reports to read.

Now everything is put away from Pesach, but putting everything back... well, that will take longer.

Some years it takes longer than that.

RachelB

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 1:42 am
around 3 hours - finished at 2AM.

Liba

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 2:10 am
I would say 36 hours, but I still have tablecloths, shmatas, pot holders and towels to put away, so we aren't done yet and chag was over more than two days ago. Plus, as much as "pesach" may be away, chometz isn't out yet... That needs to happen before Shabbos can be made.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 3:55 am
less than a full hour. we are three people, we have very few pesach things. yom tov ended at about 8pm. we were done before 9 pm.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 4:03 am
I think it took a couple of hours including clearing up from yom tov... it's only DH and I and we keep things very simple. Washed the tea towels the next day, they're always the last to pack away.

Trying to get used to my normal kitchenware again! And I'm not going grocery shopping for chametz until next week, just got a couple of essentials from the local makolet e.g. chummus, pasta, bread...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:27 am
Rumplenacht! Rumplenacht! Wink

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:01 am
About 1.5 hours; that's with the help of DH, 3 sons & 1 daughter. Huge kitchen and completely finished in that time.

abaker

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 1:52 pm
Ripped the foil off like as soon as yom tov was over! Then washed and cleaned what we had used for eating that day...then put everything in cabinets that were marked Pesach. Brought out chametz dishes and foods so we could eat a little before bed. So that took maybe 1.5 hours but by that time it was about 11pm so the Pesach dishes are still slowly being put back in to Tupperware bins and put into storage...will finish up motzei shabbos most likely, so let's say it's taking us what...3 days? Very Happy

Odelyah

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 2:00 pm
Finished yesterday in the early evening, Baruch Hashem!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 2:07 pm
Dh watched the kids and I did it all
Myself- shlepping, washing, storing.... Took me 4 1/2 hours to put it all back, wash 4 loads, and put back all stuff in my kitchen cabinets.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:52 pm
Dh just finished putting all the p.things away with help. I just finished cleaning my kitchen after putting everything away . P.things were in the living room. Did this in between looking after the kids sending one to school and dh working and taking the ki Very Happy ds out, folding all the cloths. Etc.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 8:45 pm
It took 4 hours.
The pesach stuff is gone but my house is still topsy turvy. I'm still finding a lot of items that were displaced from my kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and else where.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics