Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Magnatiles- yay or nay?
Previous  1  2

doctorima

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 9:57 am
Big yay for Magnatiles! 8 is not too big for them, as long as he's still into building and being creative.

Grandma 1

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:20 am
Emily2846 wrote:
I have magformers. Personally I think its better.

I have magformers as well, for my grandchildren to play with when they come. One of my daughters, a longtime preschool teacher, has the magnatiles, which she prefers, at her home. Her 3 to 7 year olds love them. I think I prefer the magnatiles as being more attractive.
I'm curious as to why you like the magformers better?

Last edited by Grandma 1 on Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

happymom4

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:21 am
Great choice for kids! Fun & creative & easy to clean up

Levtov

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:59 pm
my grandchildren all love it as well. Only thing is, one toddler touches it and it falls apart....Great choice. btw, I have Magnatiles

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:14 pm
All my kids ages 1-10 love our MagnaTiles. It's most used toy in the house. I wish we had more.

imeinu

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:06 pm
my kids ages 3-7 got them last year and loved them. but like any new toy they lose their appeal over time.
My kids were much younger than your son when they started and had a great time but I dont think it would hold an 8 yr olds attention for that long as there is a limit to how much you can do with them. what about the the tiny legos. do you sets of those yet?

Savta012

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:09 pm
I've bought magnatiles for my grandchildren and they love them. I have never seen them play with anything else that kept them so preoccupied and enjoying it so much. The original ones are definitely the best- well worth the extra money. I really think these are the best toys I've bought them and it doesn't matter if it's boys or girls.

Highly recommend magnatiles for children 3-9.

Kugglegirl

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:15 pm
18 mos was when my son got interested in them. I've watched & feel like I can see his brain developing as he learns new ways to play with them. The structures have gotten much more complicated over time.

So much better than leggos or other building toys- esp. for toddlers, since they can connect them so eailsy & there are no pieces that can get "lost"--- I eventually find all the pieces.

& they do not hurt you if you step on them.

My kid also likes to look through them. "I see you mommy."

& the bigger boys & girls play w. them too. Even grownups will play with them when they think no one is watching.

Had a bunch of 9-13 yo boys over playing with them recently.

a1mom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 12:25 am
For an 8 year old I would look into magformers with an extension pack like the cruisers- magna tiles are awesome but I have both and I think that 8 is really pushing the upper limit for the magnatiles- they are still a great toy but because they only come in squares and triangles you can't be as creative as you can with the magformers.

ShanaMatele

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 12:35 am
Here's another vote for Magformers. We love 'em!!

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 11:37 pm
I don't have magnatiles, right now it is one of those toys he gets to play with at his cousins house.
But my 3yr old LOVES them!! I have never seen magformers but I can imagine them being better for older kids.
And I love messing around with the magnatiles too. It definitely is a classic toy that doesn't grow old.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics