Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Whatever happened to the imamother cookbook?
Previous  1  2

JAWSCIENCE

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 6:17 am
I will probably use on a tablet and then print some. It would be cute to have the screen names but probably too much work at this point.

I personally vote against having the recipes vetted. This has been a long enough process already. Having someone cook each recipe would take forever. I believe they have already been proofread which should suffice. When this goes out tons of posts saying who made what and what they needed to change will likely result anyway. That's the beauty of imamother.

sunspot

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 9:26 am
I wonder if it should be a format, where the recipe owners can go back themselves to edit if necessary, and then with each update all the pple who have the cookbook will be notified to download it again. They have that with software too

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 9:37 am
That's an interesting idea. I'm planning to create the cookbook in InDesign and output as an interactive pdf -- not so editable from the user end, maybe a little bit. I could also leave room for "notes" (really a form field) on an interactive pdf.

Regarding screen names and avatars, I could leave a space for them and then add them into an updated version for those who want to claim "ownership' of their recipes.

granolamom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 6:43 pm
myself wrote:
As far as I remember that proved completely unfounded.

I think wispalover is in the process of creating an imamother cookbook. Since creating the cookbook isn't her only mission in life I presume it's just taking a little longer than expected to find time to complete... LOL

Hang in there, I beleive it'll turn up sooner or later.

I was just wondering, didnt mean to pressure or criticize wispalover at all, I totally appreciate her taking on this huge job. I thought maybe they went out and I missed the email or something.

granolamom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 6:44 pm
wispalover wrote:
^^ Thanks!

Not due to me, but our graphic designer pulled out a week or two before Pesach (I just updated on the main thread too). She sent all the files to Yael but until we have a GD, we cannot produce the cookbook.

Any volunteers??! The work is all completed and proof-read, we just need a cut, paste, format, make-it-pretty job Smile

thanks wispalover! I didnt mean to criticize, was just wondering if I missed it. I'm useless on a computer (aside from shopping and wasting time on social networking sites like this one) so I'm no help at all.

wispalover

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 3:13 pm
granolamom wrote:
thanks wispalover! I didnt mean to criticize, was just wondering if I missed it. I'm useless on a computer (aside from shopping and wasting time on social networking sites like this one) so I'm no help at all.

Oh- no worries. Not upset at all Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics