Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Locking drawers/cubes

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:40 pm
I need a place for each child to lock his/her treasures up. They each have a dedicated space now, but little ones who just don't get ownership getting in to it waaay to often. (breaking things, losing things, etc). I am not willing to pay upwards of $100 for locking office drawers, though they would be ideal. Any ideas?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:52 pm
Free solutions: put treasures up high where little ones can't reach or keep them in your bedroom (although that would probably be annoying for you).

Cheap solution: buy little chests with latches that younger kids will have difficulties manipulating to open. Do they still make Caboodles?

More expensive solution: I don't know what they're called, but I've seen magnetic locks that can be installed in a cabinet. The key is a magnet that can be kept up high or hidden somewhere only the older kids can get to.

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 6:00 pm
rutabaga - wow, a sorted list!
high up has not worked for us, we climb. And I mean cliimb. Don't ask what we've had to do to store medicines safely...
my room works *it locks* but as you say, it's not ideal 'cuz then kids need to come in or I need to get their stuff.
And caboodles - that's a new name for me. I will look into those.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics