Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Does a timer like this exist?

little_mage

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:07 am
My son got into the bad habit of sleeping with the light on, so I'd like to (re)start using a timer to turn the light off for most of the night. The problem is that the main light in his room is connected to an outlet that is connected to the light switch (there's no overhead light). What that means is every time I turn off the light during the day, I also turn off the timer. Is there a timer out there that I won't have to reset every time I turn the light off during the day? Thanks!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:13 am
why don't you just have the timer in the outlet turn off the light for the daytime as well ...

if not you can change the regular light switch to a light timer ... but that will cost monies

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:17 am
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hon.....Zc334

little_mage

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:33 am
greenfire wrote:
why don't you just have the timer in the outlet turn off the light for the daytime as well ...

if not you can change the regular light switch to a light timer ... but that will cost monies

I don't want to just set the timer to turn off during the day, because I'm not sure when we'll be in there (it also has our changing table), so I want flexibility during the day. I would love, love, love to wire all my overhead lights onto timers like that, but we're in an apartment. Sad

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:38 am
"Manual override enables load to be turned on/off without affecting programming"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics