Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Chicco vs Graco carseat

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 3:08 pm
For a newborn.

What do you think?

notme

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 3:17 pm
I bought one of each for my twins. Preferred the chicco especially for a smaller baby but the graco was ok too.

m+m

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 3:47 pm
Chicco

cholenteater

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 4:21 pm
Love chicco car seat! I have a dark navy one that works for both genders... It is durable and looks nice. It's also considered one of the safest car seats out there! I have the keyfit 30 and I will probably buy the nextfit 30 when the time comes to move my baby to a bigger car seat. The nextfit 30 can be used for a newborn- it came out right after I bought the key fit 30.

seeker

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:03 pm
Chicco is a great seat but Graco can be easier with compatibility - e.g. clicking onto strollers, there are more strollers that work with Graco. *Note this is as of a couple of years ago, not sure if it is still the same. You will be fine with either so get whatever appeals to you, whether it's price or accessories or looks or whatever. They both work fine. I appreciated that my Chicco was super easy to install and adjust, and the padding felt really comfortable, especially the newborn insert, but the Graco I'm comparing it to was the old kind and I am pretty sure the new ones are improved - they changed the make around 2-3 years ago. And my big fat baby outgrew the newborn insert in about a month so it ended up being moot, though I did feel that she was supported much better than my first baby in the older Graco was.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:19 pm
Chicco here. You can also get the snap and go that Chicco makes so convenient for the car.

seeker

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:53 pm
They do make a snap-n-go but it is relatively expensive and not commonly available used, whereas the Graco is compatible with several generics as well as their own, all of which are easy to find cheap used. I got a Baby Trend snap-n-go in fine condition for $15 or so on Craigslist that clicks with Graco but Chicco only works with their own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics