Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Rosh chodesh & I forgot to say hallel ...

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:43 pm
it's rosh chodesh & I forgot to say hallel ... so can I still say it ? what about musaf ?

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:44 pm
plag hamincha is 6:56 if that makes a difference

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:05 pm
Yes, you may still say hallel and daven mussaf.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:09 pm
well sonny boy said I could say hallel - but wasn't sure about musaf because chatzos was 1:24 ... but too late cause I said them both

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:10 pm
greenfire wrote:
well sonny boy said I could say hallel - but wasn't sure about musaf because chatzos was 1:24 ... but too late cause I said them both
I asked someone who said both are ok, but I do not know if all opinions hold that way.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:12 pm
some say once it's early enough to daven mincha [1:59] then it's too late to daven musaf ...

BetsyTacy

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:15 pm
Wow, never heard that one, Greenfire... some slow moving shuls would be hard pressed to say mussaf on Yom Kippur if they followed that rule.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 7:49 pm
well lucky it's not yom kippur then ... maybe there are exceptions made when you already started to daven - rather than simply forgot ?

rising hero

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 8:16 pm
OMG! I completely forgot as well! My dh reminded me this morning...and I reminded myself when I sat down on the couch later in the afternoon. I was too lazy to get up and told myself 'the day is still long'...obviously it didn't happen. Sad

penguin

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 12:02 am
There may be other opinions, but as far as I have learned, if mincha time has arrived you daven mincha first, but you can still say mussaf up to shkia. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

busydev

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 12:34 am
yes. I was taught that you can add mussaf to either shachris or mincha. so you would say mincha first if its mincha time and then add mussaf.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note