Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Baked breaded chicken

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 9:41 am
I know that there are lots of chicken recipes on this site I did a search Very Happy but can someone share there most successful baked breaded chicken recipe? My last few attempts were not too successful.

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 9:56 am
I make a mix of mayo and ketchup. Thoroughly smear both sides with mix coat in cornflakes crumbs and bake covered. Yummmm

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 10:16 am
the trick is in spraying a think coat of olive oil when baking ... so the outside is still crisp but sans all the deep frying oils

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 11:45 am
For legs:
Skin and either
- marinate in equal parts oil and lemon juice, and paprika, garlic, parsley, etc. Then coat with cornflake crumbs and bake
- mix mayo with flavorings such as onion soup mix, Old Bay seasoning, zaatar. Spread on chicken. Coat with cornflake crumbs and bake

For breasts:
Mix 1/2 c. oil. 1/3 c. flour (whole wheat ok), and spices of your choice. Dip chicken in this mix, then coat with cornflake crumbs and bake. I'm not sure how far the batter goes.

miriamg

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 4:25 pm
Cut chicken into 8ths and skin each piece.

In one dish: prepare a mixture of breadcrumbs and whatever spices you wish to use (I use onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and oregano). In a second dish: pour a bit of oil.
Dip chicken piece into breadcrumbs on both sides
Dip the top of the chicken into oil
Dip the top of the chicken into the breadcrumbs again
Make sure not to overlap the pieces of chicken in the pan

Bake uncovered at 400 until very slightly crispy on top (about 30 minutes). Cover, lower temperature to 350 and bake until done. (I like my chicken to be very soft, so I bake it for a total of 2.5-3 hours)

Enjoy!

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:09 pm
Thanks for all the ideas!

shanie5

Post Sat, May 03 2014, 11:57 pm
Best one? Buy David Elliot breaded chicken. Open pan, place in oven. Best you'll ever try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey