Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
We had guests use my apartment and
Previous  1  2

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:17 pm
God bless you, OP, for being able to laugh about that.
I still think you should call up the guests again and have them explain to you what happened to your toilet. (What did they use to go to the bathroom while they were staying in your apartment, if this is your only bathroom?)

Liba

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:20 pm
How was the apartment not flooded? Wouldn't there be a huge water mess if one uninstalled a toilet without turning off the water to the house? Even if they did, don't you have the mess of the water that was in the toilet? It never looked so simple to switch a toilet when I saw it happen!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:21 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
(What did they use to go to the bathroom while they were staying in your apartment, if this is your only bathroom?)

hm ~ they either pished in the sink or in the bathtub ~ how many choices could there be What

[or like a dog by a tree/hydrant]

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:23 pm
greenfire wrote:
hm ~ they either pissed in the sink or in the bathtub ~ how many choices could there be What

That would be a concern to germaphobic me. And where do you suppose they defecated? Please don't answer that question! I don't want to think about it!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:25 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
That would be a concern to germaphobic me. And where do you suppose they defecated? Please don't answer that question! I don't want to think about it!

I suppose that is when they used the tree Twisted Evil

Rejuvenate

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 2:27 pm
So wierd!
Perhaps s/t expensive or worthy, like a jewelery fell in?

working hard

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 4:53 pm
OP here, Thanks greenfire, We are up and running again. Yes, there was a flood but not to much damage. and NO, right now I am NOT laughing, but in a few days, I probably will be

amother

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 6:07 pm
My mother came to me for Pesach and leant out her apartment. The guests unplugged the tv' and all the cable plugs. It's not like they had a chance to watch..they were only there to sleep and came and left before and after yom tov!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 1:35 am
Check the bolts around the base of the toilet, and see if one of them wasn't set properly, or rusted and snapped off. If the guest was overweight, he/she could have shifted weight while sitting and easily broken the toilet off of the floor.

e1234

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 1:53 am
crazy

stories like this make you not want to lend your apartment

I had someone to stay in a room in my house shabbos hagadol - I was debating as I told her I was under pressure for pesach but I let them use it.

sunday I got to get ready for bedikas chometz and find breadcrumbs on the beds??
I thought it was disgusting - they knew it was clean for peasch

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 2:45 am
amother wrote:
So weird! Oddly enough, I know someone else week had the same thing happen with a Shabbos guest. I can't even imagine what happened in either case.

Oh I can - they both hosted the same family of...pan-handlers Twisted Evil

Miri1

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:03 am
e1234 wrote:
crazy

stories like this make you not want to lend your apartment

I had someone to stay in a room in my house shabbos hagadol - I was debating as I told her I was under pressure for pesach but I let them use it.

sunday I got to get ready for bedikas chometz and find breadcrumbs on the beds??
I thought it was disgusting - they knew it was clean for peasch

Perhaps they were from Pesachdig cake / crackers / rolls. It may not have been chametz (but it is gross regardless).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics