Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
What to do with leftover amaretti?

spinkles

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 7:53 am
This is what I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Lazzaron.....ILJLI

What can I do with the leftovers? There's a recipe for amaretto tiramisu on the back, but I don't have time to potchke.

I was thinking of using them to make crusts for cheesecake for Shavuos. Anyone have a reliable recipe, or other suggestions? Thanks!

yamz

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 9:04 am
There are several recipes that might interest you on the Food Network website. The cookies are crumbled and used as a topping/filling for fruit desserts. There is a really simple recipe by Giada De Laurentiis for stuffed peaches. I wonder if you could stuff an apple instead? There is also a recipe on that site for a mascarpone cheesecake which uses amaretti cookies as a base, so yes, you can use the cookies instead of graham crackers for a cheesecake crust.

spinkles

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 9:42 am
Thanks! I'll check those out.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 12:35 pm
This is a very easy dessert recipe for summer.

Halve peaches or nectarines (they don't have to be ripe but preferably not over-ripe), remove stones.
Place skin side down in a pyrex dish. Crumble amaretti biscuits and scatter around, drizzle a bit of honey (use less if you're using amaretto liqueur), sprinkle about a few tablespoon amaretto liqueur, bake in a high oven for about 10-15min till fruits soften and brown. You can serve either hot or cold, if doing non-meaty meal, lovely served with greek (style) yogurt.

If you don't have amaretti biscuits, you can use biscotti crumbs and/or marzipan.

spinkles

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:43 pm
That sounds delicious! I wish peach season weren't so far away...will try to remember this idea for summer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins