Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
IKEA KITCHEN

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 10:07 pm
Anyone here have experience with buying and installing an IKEA Kitchen?

My friend is warning me not to buy one there because it was a very big hassle and installing it which is supposed to be easy and efficient to install was very complicated.

Can anyone please share their experience?
(I'm posting as anonymous since my friend is also an imamother member)

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:09 am
We bought one last year during the twenty percent off Sale. We only got the cabinets through them... Backsplash and counters from other places. You wil definitely save a lot of money going with ikea. You can get am ikea planner to help you design it or you can do it yourself on their online kitchen planner.... It's not difficult just time consuming. Anyone handy can put the kitchen together.... Again not to difficult, but time consuming. Overall I am happy with it.... The kitchen looks great and it was cheaper than I could have gotten anywhere else.

thanks

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:15 am
I have a very large IKEA kitchen. I designed it myself, and then had a designer look it over. She also can pick it up, and her partner installs. Saved lots of money, 25yr warranty, and I am very happy. I also got my counter tops there. I saved a lot of money. If you are particular, you may find the selection of countertops is limited. You can pm me if you have additional questions.

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:24 am
My parents have one. I don't much like theirs but I think they chose one of the cheapest options, they may have nicer stuff. (still, its a million times nice then what was there before) a handy man installed it. They do have some great features like a pot filler, an over the sink cupboard that is also a draining rack and other cool stuff.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:41 am
I do space planning and kitchen design, and a few clients have used Ikea. The hardware used in Ikea cabinets is very good. If you can assemble the cabinets yourselves, they're an excellent buy.

amother

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:27 pm
Thank you so much for your replies!

Camry

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 5:08 pm
My contractor charged me an extra $1,000 to install my kitchen because it was from IKEA. I like the kitchen both the look and quality, but I would not recommend it, it came in hundreds of pieces and we kept going back because of missing parts. It was very time consuming!!!

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 5:19 pm
Great to know. I've probably pushed off kitchen renovation as long as I can and I've been thinking about using IKEA.

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 5:27 pm
I bought an ikea kitchen. I think they are great. The quality is very good, the warranty is also great! Make sure you have someone familiar with ikea kitchens install it. It can still be done by someone not familiar with them, but it will probably take longer and cost more.

kitchen designer

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 8:50 pm
they install too

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....chen/

"http://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer_service/ikea_services/ikea_services.html#kitchen
Kitchen Services
IKEA kitchens were designed to be installed by you, but we know sometimes a little help makes the process go more smoothly.

Our menu of services gives you the flexibility to do as much or as little work as you like to bring your dream kitchen to life!

We also offer Total Project Management, Delivery, Installation and more.

In-home service provided by Independent Service Provider. Services not available for online orders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen