Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Corny question

Chickpea

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 10:59 pm
I plan on making a corn salad using a package of frozen corn niblets. (I can't stand the taste of canned corn.I feel that frozen corn has a more authentic taste.)
I know this sounds like a no brainer, but how should I defrost it? Do I defrost it in the microwave oven or just let it sit at room temp? Do I then let it drain in a colander after defrosted? Do I blot the corn with paper towels? I want the kernels to be as dry as possible because I'm going to be adding a dressing and I don't want the salad to be runny.Tia.

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 11:00 pm
Let strain in strainer then put on paper towel

Lady Bug

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 11:01 pm
I would probably boil the corn for a minute and then put in strainer. Disclaimer: I never used frozen corn but I like your idea. I think I'll go buy a bag...

Chickpea

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 11:56 pm
Thx Pineapple!
Thx Lady Bug!

oliveoil

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 11:57 pm
I also hate canned corn. the best corn salad is when you use real fresh corn off the cob.

Chickpea

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 12:04 am
Olive Oil, I agree, but I also find it difficult to slice the corn off from the cob. Even the frozen corn niblets don't have much of a taste, but it's still better than canned corn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics