Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Missed lighting a candle on Yom Tov...

Willow43

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:51 am
This past pesach on the first night of YT I completely forgot to light. Do I need to light an extra candle? We ar about to ask a Rav but im curious if this happened to any one of you. I know shabbos you for sure do... but YT I wasnt sure... TIA!
p.s. im asking this now 2 weeks after pesach because we were away for shabbos and I only lit two candles anyways... this week im home!

proudema

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:57 am
I actually forgot the second night and we asked our Rav if I need to light an extra candle from now on. He said no because it was the second night so it's more lenient. But first night might be a whole nother story.

Willow43

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:59 am
Thanks! Anyone miss the first night?

abeona

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 11:05 am
I also missed the 2nd night once.
my rav told me to change the candles I light to the longer lasting candles in the glass cups.

sorry don't know about 1st night..

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 11:17 am
Nowadays many don't add for shabbes, because they may have lit a light in the home, or for embarrassment of lighting a strange number. You do have to ask your own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note