Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO recipe for baked mini doughnuts

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 5:05 pm
Hi. I just bought some mini donut pans on sale. The first recipe I tried came out like pancakes.
I'm looking for TRIED AND TRUE recipes only. Thanks!

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:10 am
225g flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt. mix. add 175g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, mix. In a separate cup, mix 175ml soya milk, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp olive oil. Add to dry ingredients, mix. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. grease pans and fill with batter. bake 8-10 minutes. I make 400-500 of these every Chanukah. Dip in a glaze, melted chocolate or candy melts, decorate with sprinkles, coloured sugar, contrasting colour chocolate, etc, or not.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 10:13 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
225g flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt. mix. add 175g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, mix. In a separate cup, mix 175ml soya milk, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp olive oil. Add to dry ingredients, mix. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. grease pans and fill with batter. bake 8-10 minutes. I make 400-500 of these every Chanukah. Dip in a glaze, melted chocolate or candy melts, decorate with sprinkles, coloured sugar, contrasting colour chocolate, etc, or not.

Thanks! I should be able to convert the grams to ounces. I assume the 160 isn't Fahrenheit?

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 12:12 pm
Google is your friend to convert grams to ounces or cups. 160 celcius is 300 farenheit

Volunteer

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 2:16 pm
Are you looking for a cake doughnut or a yeast doughnut?

Here is a recipe for baked cake doughnuts (usually the cake types are the ones baked in doughnut pans) from Cooks' Illustrated.

Baked Cake Doughnuts (Cooks' Illustrated): makes 12 large or 24 medium

Batter:
2 3/4 c all-purpose flour (spooned in to the cup, then leveled off)
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 c milk or non-dairy milk
1/2 c melted butter or parve margarine
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle level. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease your doughnut pan or a muffin pan.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together melted butter, milk, eggs, and yolk in a medium bowl.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (lumps are okay- do not overmix to prevent them being tough).
5. Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake 19-22 minutes (for large muffin pans) or 10-15 minutes for smaller pans, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. They will be very lightly brown. Be careful not to overbake them. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.

While the doughnuts are baking, make the coating:
about 1/4 cup melted butter or parve margarine
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon or 1/2 tsp vanilla

6. Melt the butter in a small bowl. Stir in the vanilla if using.
7. Stir together the sugar and cinnamon (if using) in a separate small bowl.
8. After the doughnuts are baked and cooled for 5 minutes, brush each doughnut with melted butter, then roll in the sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins